Showing Collections: 121 - 150 of 752
Films from the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce, all are reel-to-reel format unless indicated as DVD.
Primarily official programs (1970) for five home matches during the 1969-70 season of the original Charlotte Checkers minor league hockey team, which played in the Eastern Hockey League and Southern Hockey League. Also includes a page of players' autographs and a 1970-71 season ticket order form.
Primarily minute books from 1890 to the consolidation of the city and county school systems in 1960. Also includes indexes, annual report (1891), and pamphlet (1935) supporting a tax levy for schools. Contains the annual report for the 1890/1891 school year, and a pamphlet concerning the 1935 school tax election in Charlotte, N.C.)
Papers and slides documenting the work of the Building Inspection Department of the City of Charlotte and its superintendent, William H. Jamison. Includes reports, speeches, memoranda and photographic slides.
The Civitan Club in Charlotte was founded in 1924 by a group of 73 young Charlotte business and professional men. Includes reports, financial material, membership information, minutes, bound volumes of Civi-Chats (the club’s newsletter), and an essay on the club's fiftieth anniversary in 1971.
Institutional papers of Charlotte College Center (1946-1949). Includes correspondence and other materials relating to administrative functions, policy development, procedure establishment, academics, athletics, and student involvement.
Records of Charlotte College. Consists primarily of Bonnie Cone's files including speeches and correspondence, but also includes files relating to the Board of Trustees, financial matters, the development of campus, growth of academic programs, and the transition of the college from temporary to permanent junior college status and on to its establishment as the fourth campus of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
This collection consists of a single volume containing minutes from the Board of Trustees meetings from May 1958 to June 1963.
Charlotte, Consort of George III, letter to son, William and letter concerning daughter Sophia's health
Letter from Queen Charlotte to her son William (later King William IV) admonishing him for his melancholia while at school in Germany and letter from Queen Charlotte concerning the health of her daughter, Princess Sophia.
Contains Charlotte Folk Society newsletters documenting the organization's work from its inception to the present day.
The Charlotte Gay and Lesbian Film Series was the first gay film series in North Carolina. The collection includes a Screening History, 1991-1996, and programs for 8 years.
The Charlotte Hip Hop oral history project consists of interviews conducted by students in the Philosophy 3990 class taught by Dr. Mark Sanders. Interviews document the history of hip hop in the city of Charlotte and those involved in hip hop in Charlotte from its early days/ origins to the present, including local MCs, DJs/Producers, graffiti/visual artists & breakdancers.
Contains slides, photographs and negatives documenting historic neighborhoods in Charlotte. Also includes newsletters concerning historic preservation.
Incomplete chronological series of scrapbooks (1953-1969) regarding activities of the minor league baseball team. Material in the scrapbooks consist entirely of newspaper clippings.
The Charlotte Jewish Historical Society, a project of the Carolina Agency for Jewish Education, collected these interviews, which are part of a much larger collection. The interviews feature prominent members of Charlotte's Jewish community who discuss the Jewish experience in the Queen City and chronicle the many changes they've seen throughout the twentieth century.
The Charlotte Jewish Historical Society documented and preserved the history of the Charlotte Jewish community.
Contains meeting minutes of stockholders and the board of directors of a company organized to construct a law building in Charlotte in 1926.
The mission of the Charlotte Lesbian and Gay Fund is to fund organizations that support the LGBTQ commun6ty through the pooled financial resources of individuals, corporations, and foundations. The collection contains programs from the Charlotte Lesbian and Gay Fund Happening from 2008-2012 and 2017, as well as an informational booklet.
Official records of a commission appointed to recommend a consolidated government for Mecklenburg County, the city of Charlotte, and the then five towns. Includes outlines and drafts of the charter and supporting documentation, minutes, maps, correspondence, presentations by and reports on the towns of Davidson and Huntersville, and information on consolidation in other cities.
Primarily narrative survey and research reports prepared to evaluate structures and sites for inclusion on the local register of historic places. Reports include information on present and former owners of the properties. Collection also includes brochures and other commission publications and clippings about the sites, the commission, and historic preservation.
Posters and slides used by the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools in commemorating the Charlotte bicentennial, 1968. [Some material predates merger of schools systems]
Records of a multi-service, non-profit agency, organized in 1978 to promote economic self-sufficiency among African American families and to seek racial inclusion in Mecklenburg County (N.C.) communities. Contains miscellaneous records of the Urban League for the year 1981 only, including membership reports and lists, financial reports, and an affiliate assessment report.
Primarily financial records concerning appropriations and expenditures of the city government, 1890s-1920s. Includes material relating to the overall budget and to schools, taxes, business licenses, payrolls, and Elmwood and Pinewood cemeteries. Also includes a copy of the petition (1919) to incorporate Myers Park and photographs of 25 mayors (ca. 1853-ca. 1953) and of 8 city commissioners (ca. 1917-ca. 1925).
The Charlotte (N.C). Engineering Department Maps collection primarily consists of maps showing the streets and roadways of the city. While the maps range from 1855-1964, the bulk are from 1900-1950.