Showing Collections: 31 - 60 of 733
Mildred Gwin Andrews papers
Arithmetic workbook collection
This collection consists of two arithmetic books, one from 1794 that is signed by John Atkerson of Brunswick county, Virginia and the other is undated.
Department of Art and Art History Records
Arthur and Farrar families papers
Papers docuenting James Harrison Arthur's work as a textile mill accountant in North and South Carolina and the business and financial records of John Clough Farrar, a wholesale grocer and cotton broker in Charleston, South Carolina and planter in Union county, South Carolina. Includes correspondence, subject files, daily expense records, plantation account books, photographs and genealogical material. Also includes some material on James Park McComb's gold mining activities in Charlotte.
College of Arts + Architecture Records
Arts & Science Council Charlotte-Mecklenburg, Inc. Public Art Program Records
The collection is comprised of artist process renderings for public art projects commissioned by the Arts & Science Council, Charlotte-Meckelenburg, Inc.
Louis H. Asbury papers
Architectural drawings, office files, record books, and other material documenting the career of an early Charlotte architect. Includes drawings and specifications for residences, institutions, churches, and business offices in Charlotte and elsewhere in North Carolina.
Henry Ashworth papers
Correspondence course booklets (1949-50) on textile milling and manufacturing published by International Correspondence Schools of Scranton, Penn. The booklets contain corrected test sheets completed by Henry Ashworth of Ashworth Brothers, Inc., Charlotte, N.C.
Office of Assessment and Accreditation Records
Records of the Office of Assessment and Accreditation. Includes records of University self studies for SACS accreditation.
Athletic Foundation correspondence
This collection contains the correspondence of the Athletic Foundation dated 1972-1978.
J. Murrey Atkins Library Records
Audio-video materials, UNC Charlotte, 1960-2004
Sandra Bailey papers
Sandra Bailey is active in the Charlotte LGBTQ community, longtime member of One Voice Chorus, and co-chair of First Tuesday. Collection consists of materials donated during Bailey's oral history interview (conducted by Tina Wright). Materials are materials primarily from 1991-1995, but also include a copy of Bailey's 2008 book.
Byron Baldwin photographs
The Byron Baldwin photographs consist primarily of images depicting Matthews Pottery and local businesses along Central Avenue, particularly in the Plaza Midwood neighborhood.
Banks family papers
Baptist Young People's Union of Gaston County circuit photo
Black and white circuit photo of the Baptist Young People's Union of Gaston County
Frank Barnes papers
The collection concerns primarily Dr. Frank Barnes’ leadership of a conservative “watch-dog” group known as Citizens for Effective Government, in Charlotte, North Carolina, from the late 1980s to 1995. It also includes records Barnes kept once he retired from the CEFG, 1995-2001. The CFEG lobbied for minimization of local government bureaucracy and taxes.
William H. Barnhardt papers
Primarily non-business related correspondence of a Charlotte textile industrialist, civic leader, and philanthropist. The bulk of the collection relates to Barnhardt's donation of copies of Cornelia Wearn Henderson's Early Charlotte and Mecklenburg County for Children (1968) to local schools and colleges.
Robert L. Barret papers
Barret's published works focus on parenting, issues of grief and loss, and clinical services to the sexual minority community. In addition to his professional writing, Barret has been active in promoting social justice, both in his home community, and in the American Counseling Association. This is a small collection comprised of correspondence and clippings.
Rufus Clay Barringer papers
Items relating to Confederate General and Charlottean Rufus Clay Barringer. Photocopies of newspaper and periodical articles and a copy of Barringer's diary while imprisoned at Fort Delaware in 1865.
Frank Barrows papers
Papers documenting Barrows' work as Managing Editor at The Charlotte Observer and his efforts around journalism credibility to increase the public's confidence in the news media. Contains articles, correspondence, guidelines and handbooks.
H. H. Baxter papers
Photocopies of scrapbooks kept by Baxter, Charlotte mayor (1943-49) and city council member (1935-41, 1951-59). Includes correspondence, clippings, speeches, and other material relating primarily to his political and civic activities.
Hugh Joseph Beard papers
William Wallace Beard Civil War letters
Collection consists largely of letters written by William Wallace Beard, a member of the Mississippi 18th Regiment in the Confederate Army. The letters are written during his time as a soldier in the United States Civil War largely from different sites around Virginia. It includes 32 letters (30 of which are from Beard and 2 of which are from Col. A.P. Hill) and one furlough document.
Belk and Everett families papers
The collection consists of photocopies of documents pertaining to two prominent families in Charlotte, NC: the Belks and the Everetts. Most of the collection consists of correspondence with Herschel Hill Everett, his daughter, Ann, and her husband, Henderson Belk.
Belk College of Business records
John M. (John Montgomery) Belk papers
Official papers as mayor of Charlotte (1969-77), dating primarily from his last term. Includes correspondence, reports, and speeches relating to the administration of city government, especially community development, roads, and mass transit.
Jesse Spencer Bell papers
Primarily routine correspondence of a state senator from Mecklenburg County and U.S. Circuit Court judge. Includes letters from presidents Kennedy and Johnson and from members of the federal judiciary. Also includes items relating to his attempt (1957) to establish the North Carolina Stonewall Jackson Memorial Fund.
Berlin Airlift Collection
Scrapbook, interactive CD and other memorabilia concerning the Berlin Airlift.
Charles Cecil Bernard papers
Correspondence, newspaper clippings, and a memorial resolution by the UNC-Chapel Hill faculty following the death of the first director (1946-47) of the Charlotte Center of the University of North Carolina, forerunner to Charlotte College and UNC Charlotte.
- Manuscript Collections, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 589
- University Archives, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte [All collections not yet online. For assistance, contact Special Collections: email@example.com; 704-687-1170] 112
- Oral Histories, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 32
- Correspondence 61
- Minutes (Administrative records) 47
- Mecklenburg County (N.C.) 44
- Education, Higher -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 43
- Annual reports 23
- Memorandums 23
- Oral histories 22
- Universities and colleges -- North Carolina -- Charlotte -- Administration 22
- Interviews (Sound recordings) 21
- Photographs 21
- Reports 21
- Mayors -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 18
- Charlotte (N.C.) -- Politics and government 17
- Gays -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 16
- Universities and colleges -- North Carolina -- Charlotte -- Faculty 15
- Universities and colleges -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 14
- Education, Higher -- Administration 13
- Clippings (information artifacts) 12
- Authors, American 11
- Businessmen -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 11 + ∧ less
- English 729
- Multiple languages 2
- Armenian 1
- Russian 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte 52
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte -- Administration 22
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte -- Faculty 18
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte -- Students 17
- J. Murrey Atkins Library (University of North Carolina at Charlotte) 13
- Charlotte College 11
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte -- History 10
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Office of the Chancellor 9
- Alexander family 7
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Board of Education 7
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools 7
- Cone, Bonnie E., 1907-2003 7
- Golden, Harry, 1902-1981 7
- Caldwell family 6
- Charlotte (N.C.). City Council 6
- Fretwell, E. K., 1923-2012 6
- University of North Carolina (System) 6
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Division of Academic Affairs 6
- Colvard, Dean W., 1913-2007 5
- NASCAR (Association) 5 + ∧ less
About this SiteFinding aids are guides to archival collections, including manuscripts, university records, and oral history collections. These guides help you find physical collections which can be viewed in the Dalton Reading Room on the 10th floor of Atkins Library. A small number of finding aids link to digital content online. Please contact us to learn more or to schedule an appointment:
Special Collections and University Archives
J. Murrey Atkins Library, UNC Charlotte
Schedule an Appointment