Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Papers and photographs relating to McMurray's 50+ year career in motorsports. Includes press kits, photographs, magazines, office files, press credentials and hard cards. Also contains material related to McMurray's management of the Travelin' Havoline Fishing Show and his work as the North American General Manager of the Thunderdome Speedway in Melbourne, Australia.
Contains periodicals and newsletters from Mark Ortiz, a race engineering consultant in Kannapolis who specializes in chassis engineering for oval track and road racers.
Materials pertaining to NASCAR from approximately 1970-2007.
Materials concerning the career of NASCAR driver David Franklin "Dink" Widenhouse.
- Subject: Motorsports -- North Carolina X
- Manuscript Collections, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 4
- Oral Histories, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 1
- Motorsports -- United States -- Marketing 3
- Stock car drivers 3
- Stock car racing -- United States 3
- Automobile racing -- United States 1
- Interviews (Sound recordings) 1
About this SiteFinding aids are guides to archival collections, including manuscripts, university records, and oral history collections. These guides help you find physical collections which can be viewed in the Dalton Reading Room on the 10th floor of Atkins Library. A small number of finding aids link to digital content online. Please contact us to learn more or to schedule an appointment:
Special Collections and University Archives
J. Murrey Atkins Library, UNC Charlotte
Schedule an Appointment