Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Papers documenting Helms' service on the Mecklenburg Board of County Commissioners, the North Carolina General Assembly, Arts and Science Council, Charlotte Center City Partners, Drug and Alcohol Fighting Back Commission and the North Carolina Bar Association. Includes correspondence, meeting minutes, budget information and speech material. Also includes a series of subject files related to Mecklenburg County government.
Papers relating to McMillan's services as a member of the Mecklenburg Board of County Commissioners (1972-74) and as the principal organizer and president of the Spirit Square Development Group (1975-82). Includes correspondence, campaign material, reports, and newspaper clippings.
Papers relating to his membership on the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Consolidation Study Committee (1968-70) and his involvement with Crestran Corporation (1976-78), a non-profit corporation established to analyze the feasibility of high-speed rail passenger service between Raleigh and Anderson, S.C. Includes notes, correspondence, reports, speeches, minutes, and clippings. Contains no material concerning Short's service on the Charlotte City Council (1965-79).
- Subject: Mecklenburg County (N.C.) -- Politics and government X
- Charlotte (N.C.) -- Politics and government 2
- Elections -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Mayors -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Metropolitan government -- North Carolina -- Mecklenburg County 1
- Municipal government -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- North Carolina -- Politics and government -- 20th century 1
- Public schools -- North Carolina -- Mecklenburg County 1 ∧ less
- Mecklenburg County (N.C.). Board of Commissioners 2
- Arts and Science Council (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools--Management 1
- City-County Consolidation Study Committee (Mecklenburg County, N.C.) 1
- Helms, H. Parks 1
About this SiteFinding aids are guides to archival collections, including manuscripts, university records, and oral history collections. These guides help you find physical collections which can be viewed in the Dalton Reading Room on the 10th floor of Atkins Library. A small number of finding aids link to digital content online. Please contact us to learn more or to schedule an appointment:
Special Collections and University Archives
J. Murrey Atkins Library, UNC Charlotte
Schedule an Appointment