Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 48
Records from Academic Affairs and J. Murrey Atkins Library of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte pertaining to academic planning and development. Includes course and curriculum propsals; academic plans for the university, its colleges, and various other units; and records of library consultations corresponding with the development of new courses.
Records concerning several UNC Charlotte special events and awards ceremonies, notably the Bank of American Award for Teaching Excellence (formerly known as the NationsBank Award for Teaching Excellence) and commencement ceremonies.
A collection of alphabetical subject files maintained by Dr. Barbara A. Goodnight in her role as Senior Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs from 1980-1997.
This collection contains the records of the Charlotte College and University of North Carolina at Charlotte Chapter of the American Association of University Professors (AAUP) and relates to the activities of the campus chapter and its interaction with regional and national associations.
Papers of Sister Mary Thomas Burke, long-time faculty member at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte and founder of its Counseling Program. Includes surveys, reports, speeches, writings, biographical information, and other material related to Sister Burke's work and community involvement.
Institutional papers of Charlotte College Center (1946-1949). Includes correspondence and other materials relating to administrative functions, policy development, procedure establishment, academics, athletics, and student involvement.
This collection consists of a single volume containing minutes from the Board of Trustees meetings from May 1958 to June 1963.
Personal papers of Cone, director and president of Charlotte College (1947-65) and vice chancellor of student affairs and community relations, UNC Charlotte (1966-73). Includes correspondence, biographical material, files relating to local civic organizations, records as trustee of Coker College, and cassette recordings and transcripts of interviews.
This collection consists of the records of Educational Support Services from 1985-1992. Includes records of Academic Assessment Services, Academic Support for Black Students, Athletic Academic Counseling, Center for International Studies, Learning Assistance Services (comprised of Disabled Student Services, the Learning Center, and Supplemental Instruction), Office of Experiential Learning, and the Writing Resources Center.
Records of the Department of English of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte from 1964 to 1981 and 1993.
Records of Faculty Governance of Charlotte College and the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Includes correspondence, minutes, and reports of the General Faculty (later Faculty Council) and faculty committees, along with files of the Faculty President, covering topics such as curriculum, grants, honorary degrees, and other matters of university governance. Also includes numerous revisions of the faculty constitution.
Professional and personal documents of Chris Folk, longtime Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools administrator and the district's spokesman from 1958 to 1992. Files include public relations materials, personnel directories, yearbooks, photographs, and printed materials related to public education in the Charlotte-Mecklenburg region.
Papers of Hoyt Galvin, as chair of the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce Education Committee (1954-56), whose work helped to gain support and funding for Charlotte and Carver colleges.
This collection consists of three newsletters published between 1977-1993 by the Office of Academic Grants and Contrats at UNC Charlotte, which has had several name changes and is currently known as the Office of Grants and Contracts Administration.
Records of the College of Humanities and various departments within it.
The Law Enforcement and Administration Program records consists solely of annual reports (1973-1978) from the program, which was a predecessor of the Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology.
Records of the Colleges of Liberal Arts and Sciences. Collection includes the records of the Dean of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and of the Arts and Sciences Faculty Council.
- Subject: Education, Higher -- North Carolina X
- University Archives, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte [All collections not yet online. For assistance, contact Special Collections: email@example.com; 704-687-1170] 32
- Manuscript Collections, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 16
- Education, Higher -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 42
- Correspondence 15
- Universities and colleges -- North Carolina -- Charlotte -- Faculty 14
- Minutes (Administrative records) 12
- Education, Higher -- Administration 11
- Annual reports 8
- Universities and colleges -- North Carolina -- Charlotte -- Administration 8
- Universities and colleges -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 6
- Memorandums 5
- Administrative reports 4
- Curricula 4
- Education, Higher -- North Carolina 4
- Reports 4
- Administrative records 3
- Brochures 3
- Constitutions 3
- Notes (documents) 3
- Surveys (documents) 3
- College student government -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 2
- Community colleges -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 2 ∧ less
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte 18
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte -- Administration 8
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte -- Faculty 8
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte--History 5
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Division of Academic Affairs 5
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte -- Students 4
- Charlotte College 3
- Carver College (Charlotte, N.C.) 2
- Colvard, Dean W., 1913-2007 2
- Cone, Bonnie E., 1907-2003 2
- University of North Carolina (System) 2
- University of North Carolina (System). Board of Governors 2
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Department of English 2
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Division of Academic Affairs. Office of the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs. 2
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Faculty Council 2
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Faculty Governance 2
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Office of Academic Affairs 2
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities 1
- American Association of University Professors 1
- American Bar Association 1 ∧ less
About this SiteFinding aids are guides to archival collections, including manuscripts, university records, and oral history collections. These guides help you find physical collections which can be viewed in the Dalton Reading Room on the 10th floor of Atkins Library. A small number of finding aids link to digital content online. Please contact us to learn more or to schedule an appointment:
Special Collections and University Archives
J. Murrey Atkins Library, UNC Charlotte
Schedule an Appointment