Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
The William Burgess papers comprise records related to Burgess's work for the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Planning Commission and as Town Planner for the town of Davidson, North Carolina. Materials include notebooks, sketchbooks, and a range of architectural drawings.
The Charlotte (N.C). Engineering Department Maps collection primarily consists of maps showing the streets and roadways of the city. While the maps range from 1855-1964, the bulk are from 1900-1950.
Collection consists of discarded photographs, slides, and photocopies of pamphlets from Charlotte's Redevelopment Commission. Photographs are of neighborhoods, apartment complexes, streets, and roads before and after renewal projects. Photocopied pamplets advertise the Charlotte Redevelopment Commission, progress reports on urban renewal of Charlotte, N.C., and future projects for uptown Charlotte, N.C.
Papers of a Charlotte educator and politician, documenting her service as city council member for district 4 (1977-1985). Includes correspondence, reports, and financial data relating to such issues as the controversy over a site for the new coliseum, planning, and neighborhood preservation, especially in regard to zoning problems due to church expansion.
Papers of a UNC Charlotte political science professor primarily documenting his membership on the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Planning Commission, 1984-1991. Includes rezoning petitions, plans for proposed developments, correspondence, reports, small area and district plans, and maps. Also includes papers regarding his chairmanship of the Catawba River Corridor Study Committee, 1993-1995, and his membership on the Mecklenburg County Environmental Protection Committee, 1994-1995.
Papers of a Charlotte city council member, including correspondence and reports. Also includes material relating to her service on the board of directors of the National League of Cities and as a member of the Hazardous Materials Transportation Committee of the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Subject: City planning -- North Carolina -- Charlotte X
- Community development, Urban -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 2
- Urban renewal -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 2
- Architectural drawing -- North Carolina 1
- Architectural drawings (Visual works) 1
- Brooklyn (Charlotte, N.C.) -- History 1
- Charlotte (N.C.) -- Maps 1
- Charlotte (N.C.) -- Politics and government 1
- Davidson (N.C.) 1
- Greenville (Charlotte, N.C.) -- History 1
- Municipal government -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Neighborhood government -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Neighborhood planning -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Notebooks 1
- Pamphlets 1
- Photographs 1
- Regional planning -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Renderings (Drawings) 1
- Road maps 1
- Sketchbooks 1 ∧ less
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Planning Commission 2
- Burgess, Ansley 1
- Burgess, Warren L. 1
- Catawba River Corridor Study Steering Committee 1
- Charlotte (N.C.). City Council 1
About this SiteFinding aids are guides to archival collections, including manuscripts, university records, and oral history collections. These guides help you find physical collections which can be viewed in the Dalton Reading Room on the 10th floor of Atkins Library. A small number of finding aids link to digital content online. Please contact us to learn more or to schedule an appointment:
Special Collections and University Archives
J. Murrey Atkins Library, UNC Charlotte
Schedule an Appointment