Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 111
Records from Academic Affairs and J. Murrey Atkins Library of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte pertaining to academic planning and development. Includes course and curriculum propsals; academic plans for the university, its colleges, and various other units; and records of library consultations corresponding with the development of new courses.
Records concerning several UNC Charlotte special events and awards ceremonies, notably the Bank of American Award for Teaching Excellence (formerly known as the NationsBank Award for Teaching Excellence) and commencement ceremonies.
A collection of alphabetical subject files maintained by Dr. Barbara A. Goodnight in her role as Senior Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs from 1980-1997.
This collection contains the records of the Charlotte College and University of North Carolina at Charlotte Chapter of the American Association of University Professors (AAUP) and relates to the activities of the campus chapter and its interaction with regional and national associations.
Records of the Office of Assessment and Accreditation. Includes records of University self studies for SACS accreditation.
This collection contains the correspondence of the Athletic Foundation dated 1972-1978.
The Center for Transportation Policy Studies Records includes materials received from the George Lathrop estate (an adjunct professor) and almost two hundred reports from the Center received from David Hartgen. Files from the Lathrop estate cover topics such as curriculum, transit issues, and transportation studies and also include minutes and teaching notes.
Records of the Office of the Chancellor, largely from the period when Dean W. Colvard held the office.
Records of the Office of the Chancellor, largely from the period when E. K. Fretwell held the office.
Records from the Office of the Chancellor concerning installations of Chancellors Colvard, Fretwell, Woodward, and Dubois.
Records of the Office of the Chancellor, largely from the period when James H. Woodward held the office.
Institutional papers of Charlotte College Center (1946-1949). Includes correspondence and other materials relating to administrative functions, policy development, procedure establishment, academics, athletics, and student involvement.
Records of Charlotte College. Consists primarily of Bonnie Cone's files including speeches and correspondence, but also includes files relating to the Board of Trustees, financial matters, the development of campus, growth of academic programs, and the transition of the college from temporary to permanent junior college status and on to its establishment as the fourth campus of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
This collection consists of a single volume containing minutes from the Board of Trustees meetings from May 1958 to June 1963.
Records of the Charlotte Research Institute.
This collection consists of commencement programs from the first Charlotte College commencement ceremony in 1950 to the most recent commencement ceremony of UNC Charlotte. Also included is the program for the December 2018 doctoral hooding ceremony. The duplicate copy of the 1989 commencement program is missing pages 17-20. The original copy has all pages. Also missing is the program from 1960.
This is an artificial collection consisting of brochures and printed materials from a wide variety of UNC Charlotte departments and programs.
- Repository: University Archives, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte [All collections not yet online. For assistance, contact Special Collections: email@example.com; 704-687-1170] X
- Correspondence 36
- Minutes (Administrative records) 31
- Education, Higher -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 28
- Universities and colleges -- North Carolina -- Charlotte -- Faculty 21
- Annual reports 19
- Memorandums 17
- Universities and colleges -- North Carolina -- Charlotte -- Administration 17
- Education, Higher -- Administration 12
- Reports 11
- Universities and colleges -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 10
- Photographs 9
- College students -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 7
- Constitutions 7
- Curricula 7
- Student activities -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 7
- Surveys (documents) 7
- Administrative records 6
- Administrative reports 6
- Brochures 6
- Building plans 6 ∧ less
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte 38
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte -- Administration 14
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte -- Faculty 11
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte -- Students 10
- Charlotte College 9
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Division of Academic Affairs 8
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Office of the Chancellor 7
- University of North Carolina (System) 6
- Cone, Bonnie E., 1907-2003 5
- J. Murrey Atkins Library (University of North Carolina at Charlotte) 4
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Office of Student Activities 4
- Woodward, James H. (University chancellor) 4
- Colvard, Dean W., 1913-2007 3
- Fretwell, E. K., 1923-2012 3
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Dean of Students Office 3
- Charlotte College -- Curricula 2
- Reese, Addison H. (Addison Hardcastle) 2
- University of North Carolina (1793-1962). Board of Trustees 2
- University of North Carolina (System). Board of Governors 2
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte . Graduate School. Dean's Office 2 ∧ less
About this SiteFinding aids are guides to archival collections, including manuscripts, university records, and oral history collections. These guides help you find physical collections which can be viewed in the Dalton Reading Room on the 10th floor of Atkins Library. A small number of finding aids link to digital content online. Please contact us to learn more or to schedule an appointment:
Special Collections and University Archives
J. Murrey Atkins Library, UNC Charlotte
Schedule an Appointment