Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Personal papers, correspondence and memorabilia from Anita S. Brown. Includes materials from her nearly 30 years at Eastern Air Lines.
Part two of papers of a journalist, best selling author, and civil libertarian. Consists chiefly of material generated as editor (1944-68) of the Charlotte-based Carolina Israelite but also documenting his involvement in the Democratic Party, the civil rights movement, and Jewish issues. Includes extensive correspondence files, manuscripts and research materials for books and articles, speeches, financial records, publications, and photographs.
Albums include material on the Jewish faith and culture, labor relations, political issues of the 1960s, and music. There are recordings from radio and television broadcasts which featured Golden or Carl Sandburg.
Programs for religious, theatrical and musical performances in New York City and Charlotte, NC, collected by journalist and civil rights activist Harry Golden.
Records of the Harry Golden Fund Committee.
Contains correspondence between Walter Klein, owner of Klein studios in Charlotte, and Harry Golden. Also includes promotional material for the Carolina Israelite and an audio reel labeled "Harry Golden."
- Names: Golden, Harry, 1902-1981 X
- Manuscript Collections, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 6
- University Archives, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte [All collections not yet online. For assistance, contact Special Collections: email@example.com; 704-687-1170] 1
- Authors, American 2
- Clippings (information artifacts) 2
- Journalists, American 2
- Advertising 1
- Airlines -- United States -- Employees 1
- Airlines -- United States -- History 1
- Authors and publishers 1
- Concert programs -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Concert programs -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Correspondence 1
- Employees' manuals 1
- Jews -- North Carolina 1
- Man-woman relationships -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Memorabilia 1
- Photographs 1
- Sound recordings -- Collectors and collecting 1
- Theater programs -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Theater programs -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- speeches (documents) 1 ∧ less
- Brown, Anita Stewart, 1916-2003 1
- Carolina Israelite (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Christ and Holy Trinity Church [Westport, Conn.] 1
- Clark, Ramsey, 1927- 1
- Eastern Air Lines, inc. 1
About this SiteFinding aids are guides to archival collections, including manuscripts, university records, and oral history collections. These guides help you find physical collections which can be viewed in the Dalton Reading Room on the 10th floor of Atkins Library. A small number of finding aids link to digital content online. Please contact us to learn more or to schedule an appointment:
Special Collections and University Archives
J. Murrey Atkins Library, UNC Charlotte
Schedule an Appointment