Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 38
Academic Affairs, Academic Planning and Curriculum records
Records from Academic Affairs and J. Murrey Atkins Library of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte pertaining to academic planning and development. Includes course and curriculum propsals; academic plans for the university, its colleges, and various other units; and records of library consultations corresponding with the development of new courses.
Academic Affairs Faculty Governance records
American Association of University Professors (AAUP) UNC Charlotte Chapter records
This collection contains the records of the Charlotte College and University of North Carolina at Charlotte Chapter of the American Association of University Professors (AAUP) and relates to the activities of the campus chapter and its interaction with regional and national associations.
Belk College of Business records
Chancellor (Dean W. Colvard) Records, 1964-1979
Records of the Office of the Chancellor, largely from the period when Dean W. Colvard held the office.
Chancellor (E. K. Fretwell) Records, 1966-1989
Records of the Office of the Chancellor, largely from the period when E. K. Fretwell held the office.
Chancellor Installation Records
Records from the Office of the Chancellor concerning installations of Chancellors Colvard, Fretwell, Woodward, and Dubois.
Chancellor (James H. Woodward) Records, 1985-2007
Records of the Office of the Chancellor, largely from the period when James H. Woodward held the office.
Charlotte College Center records
Institutional papers of Charlotte College Center (1946-1949). Includes correspondence and other materials relating to administrative functions, policy development, procedure establishment, academics, athletics, and student involvement.
Charlotte College Photographs
Charlotte College records
Records of Charlotte College. Consists primarily of Bonnie Cone's files including speeches and correspondence, but also includes files relating to the Board of Trustees, financial matters, the development of campus, growth of academic programs, and the transition of the college from temporary to permanent junior college status and on to its establishment as the fourth campus of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
Cone University Center records
This collection contains administrative records of the Cone University Center from 1974 to 2009 as well as audiovisual materials and video logs from Niner Telecommunications Network (NTN) documenting numerous campus events from the early 1990s through 2007. Also included are records and photographs relating to the 35th and 50th anniversaries of the Cone Center, including documents recounting the Center’s history, and to Bonnie Cone’s 90th birthday.
Dean of Students records
Departmental Chair meeting minutes
This collection consists of minutes and some agendas from the joint Departmental Chairmen meetings at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte from 1965 to 1980. Records from the period of 1969 to 1980 are scattered.
College of Education records
William States Lee College of Engineering records
Department of English records
Records of the Department of English of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte from 1964 to 1981 and 1993.
Executive Staff Committee records
The collection includes meeting agendas, minutes, supporting documentation, and correspondence of the chancellor's executive staff committee.
Faculty Governance records
Records of Faculty Governance of Charlotte College and the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Includes correspondence, minutes, and reports of the General Faculty (later Faculty Council) and faculty committees, along with files of the Faculty President, covering topics such as curriculum, grants, honorary degrees, and other matters of university governance. Also includes numerous revisions of the faculty constitution.
Department of Geography and Earth Sciences collection of publications
The Department of Geography and Earth Sciences records consists solely of publications, some by David Hartgen and others by students in the Geography and Earth Sciences program. The source of this collection is unknown but could be David Hartgen.
For minutes from the department from 1970-1980, see the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences Records.
Graduate Studies records
Department of History records
College of Human Development and Learning records
College of Humanities records
Records of the College of Humanities and various departments within it.
Office of International Programs records
Department of Kinesiology records
Law Enforcement and Administration Program annual reports
The Law Enforcement and Administration Program records consists solely of annual reports (1973-1978) from the program, which was a predecessor of the Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology.
North Carolina State Engineering Extension Program records
Records of the North Carolina State Engineering Extension Program from the office of Dr. H. A. Lynch. Included are brochures and correspondence relating to the program's administration and implementation as well as material relating to Duke Power Company's involvement and to individual faculty members.
UNC Charlotte policy statements and manuals
This collection consists of UNC Charlotte policy statements and manuals from 1977-2002.
Office of the Registrar class schedules and related materials
Collection of UNC Charlotte and Charlotte College class schedules and related materials from 1961-2003.
- Correspondence 24
- Minutes (Administrative records) 23
- Universities and colleges -- North Carolina -- Charlotte -- Administration 20
- Education, Higher -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 17
- Universities and colleges -- North Carolina -- Charlotte -- Faculty 15
- Universities and colleges -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 11
- Annual reports 10
- Memorandums 10
- Reports 8
- Administrative reports 6
- College students -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 6
- Student activities -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 6
- Surveys (documents) 6
- Administrative records 5
- College administrators -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 5
- College student government -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 5
- Constitutions 5
- Curricula 5
- Agendas (administrative records) 4
- Budgets 4 + ∧ less
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte -- Administration 21
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte -- Faculty 16
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte 12
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte -- Students 10
- Fretwell, E. K., 1923-2012 5
- University of North Carolina (System) 5
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Office of the Chancellor 5
- Charlotte College 4
- Colvard, Dean W., 1913-2007 4
- Cone, Bonnie E., 1907-2003 3
- Woodward, James H., 1939- 3
- Charlotte College -- Curricula 2
- University of North Carolina (1793-1962). Board of Trustees 2
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte -- Curricula 2
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte -- History 2
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte -- Office of the Chancellor -- Records and correspondence 2
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Division of Academic Affairs 2
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Division of Student Affairs 2
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Faculty Council 2
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Faculty Governance 2 + ∧ less
About this SiteFinding aids are guides to archival collections, including manuscripts, university records, and oral history collections. These guides help you find physical collections which can be viewed in the Dalton Reading Room on the 10th floor of Atkins Library. A small number of finding aids link to digital content online. Please contact us to learn more or to schedule an appointment:
Special Collections and University Archives
J. Murrey Atkins Library, UNC Charlotte
Schedule an Appointment