Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Correspondence, minutes, legal documents, and clippings of an association organized by the Charlotte Lions Club with the mission to develop Freedom Park.
The Collection contains an assortment of records, photographs and ephemera accumulated by A. Grant Whitney and his daughter, Julie Whitney Austin, in their administration of the Festival in the Park, an annual weekend event in Charlotte, NC since 1964. Also includes information on an off-shoot of the Festival held in the spring, called the Kings Drive Art Walk.
Files documenting the creation and operation of the University Research Park, established in northeast Charlotte in 1966 as a research and development park for business and industry. Includes correspondence, board minutes, financial and legal records, and information on marketing strategies and tenant firms. Also includes interviews with the park's early leaders and other material relating to the published history of the park, University Research Park (1988), by Dean W. Colvard.
- Subject: Parks -- North Carolina -- Charlotte X
- Parks -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 2
- Family festivals -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Recreation -- Management 1
- Recreation -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Research parks -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Charlotte Park Association (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Festival in the Park (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Freedom Park (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Kings Drive Art Walk (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- University Research Park (N.C.) 1
- Whitney, A. Grant (Adelbert Grant) 1 ∧ less
About this SiteFinding aids are guides to archival collections, including manuscripts, university records, and oral history collections. These guides help you find physical collections which can be viewed in the Dalton Reading Room on the 10th floor of Atkins Library. A small number of finding aids link to digital content online. Please contact us to learn more or to schedule an appointment:
Special Collections and University Archives
J. Murrey Atkins Library, UNC Charlotte
Schedule an Appointment