Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Papers of a Mecklenburg County physician. Includes account books, medical journals, correspondence, memorabilia, and writings. Also documents his services as a surgeon in the 37th North Carolina Regiment of the Confederate Army, as well as his general interest in the Civil War.
This collection is a small, single-file collection of materials accumulated by Thomas G. Lane, of Charlotte, NC. Most of the materials concern local history, such as the Mecklenburg Declaration of Independence and the Museum of the New South. This collection’s only photograph is a circuit photo of the Charlotte Police Department, dated 1949, that shows the entire police force.
- Subject: North Carolina -- Civil War, 1861-1865 X
- Lemley (N.C. : Township) 1
- Medical care -- North Carolina -- History -- 19th century 1
- North Carolina -- 1775-1865 1
- Physicians -- North Carolina -- History -- 19th century 1
- Alexander, J. B. (John Brevard) 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. North Carolina Infantry Regiment, 37th 1
- Lane, Thomas G. 1
- United Confederate Veterans. North Carolina Division 1