Showing Collections: 421 - 450 of 474
UNC Charlotte Honors College and Charlotte Action Research Project Interviews on Charlotte Neighborhoods
UNC Charlotte is a magazine intended for UNC Charlotte alumni and friends. It is published four times a year by UNC Charlotte University Communications.
Contains a scrapbook with news clippings concerning the UNC Charlotte men's basketball team's run to the championship game of the 1976 NIT Tournament.
The UNC Charlotte Photographs Collection consists of prints, contact sheets, slides, and negatives of people, places, and events associated with UNC Charlotte from the time of its inclusion in the University of North Carolina System in 1965 to 2006.
Papers documenting the UNC Charlotte Rotaract Club, the first to be chartered in the world. Primarily consists of items pertaining to the founding and early years of the club as well as various anniversary celebrations.
Records of the UNC Charlotte Urban Institute covering topics such as the development of University Place, the Southeast Waste Exchange, Lincoln Institute of Land Policy, and the civic index project. Records pertaining to the institute's 35th anniversary are also included, along with a prototype for a game and a reel of film from the 1968 Piedmont Crescent Conference.
Records of the first Unitarian church in North Carolina, founded in 1946. Contains correspondence, minutes and reports of the board of trustees and of church committees, bulletins and newsletters, material relating to the Women's Alliance, and records of denominational affiliations and district Unitarian organizations. Also includes files of the Rev. Sidney L. Freeman, longtime minister of the congregation (1957-88).
Photographs taken by an unidentified member of one of three companies of troops organized in Charlotte for service in the Spanish-American War of 1898.
Contains a lithograph of an architectural rendering of the United States Courthouse and Post Office Building that was located on W. Trade St. in uptown Charlotte.
This collection consists of UNC Charlotte campus directories published between 1962 and 2014. They contain basic campus information and directory information for students, staff, and faculty.
Records of the the Faculty Constitution Committee and its successor Committee on University Governance consisting of materials from three loose-leaf notebooks compiled by Newton H. Barnette, the committee chairman.
This collection consists of issues of the periodical UNCC News (previously titled Charlotte College News), which was variously published by the Charlotte College Alumni Association, the University of North Carolina at Charlotte Alumni Association, and UNC Charlotte.
This collection consists of issues of etc., magazine published by UNC Charlotte's Student Media Board.
This collection consists of issues of Owl Tracts, which was published by the Creative Writing Club of Charlotte College.
This collection consists of issues of the publication the Parnassian from 1958-1965.
Files documenting the creation and operation of the University Research Park, established in northeast Charlotte in 1966 as a research and development park for business and industry. Includes correspondence, board minutes, financial and legal records, and information on marketing strategies and tenant firms. Also includes interviews with the park's early leaders and other material relating to the published history of the park, University Research Park (1988), by Dean W. Colvard.
Records of the University Senate of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte from the entirety of its existence (1971-1979), including minutes, correspondence, and committee records
Records of the University Transition Opportunities Program (UTOP).
Meteorological records maintained since the beginning of formal, U.S.-sponsored weather observations in Charlotte. Includes correspondence (1878-86); daily journals (1878-1904), which describe in detail the effects of the 1886 earthquake; and the Monthly Meteorological Record (1878-).
Primarily papers relating to his two terms as mayor of Charlotte (1953-1957). Includes routine correspondence, speeches, clippings, biographical information, and photographs. Also contains a small amount of material relating to his personal life and family and to his service as president and chair of the board of Lance, Inc. (1943-1973).
Connie J. Vetter opened her law office in Charlotte, North Carolina in 1994. Her practice focuses primarily on the needs of lesbians, gay men, bisexuals and transgender individuals and couples. In addition to practicing law, Vetter is a mediator. Collection includes North Carolina State Bar Acceptance, Correspondence on the opening of the Southern Center for Law and Justice, and information about LGBTQ legal concerns, programs from performance.
Archives of Charlotte's second oldest book club (founded 1893), including yearbooks, newspaper clippings, and invitations.
This is a collection of architectural drawings and specifications produced between 1936 and 1978 and used by the Waddell Construction Company, of Charlotte, NC to build and renovate homes, schools, businesses and churches in Charlotte, Greenville, York County, Gaston County, NC.
Papers of a Charlotte widow who wrote, under the byline of "The Carolina Housewife," for The Charlotte Observer during the 1930s and 1940s. Includes typescripts of her columns, recipes, and letters from readers asking for advice and recommending recipes.
This collection contains the records of WBT radio, WBTV television, and the Jefferson-Pilot Communication Company of Charlotte, North Carolina from the 1920s to approximately the year 2009. There are also records from the Columbia Broadcasting System and a variety of syndicated television shows.