Showing Collections: 361 - 390 of 474
Contains reproductions of pen-and-wash drawings of historical landmarks in Mecklenburg County, N.C. Landmarks include the Berryhill House, the Robert Grier House, St. Mary's Chapel at the Thompson Orphanage, and St. Peter's Episcopal Church.
Manuscripts and research material including drafts and notes, transcripts and tapes. Copies of the book in various stages of printing are also included.
Chiefly original photographs by Roberts and copies of other photographs used in books for which he was photographic editor. Also includes photographs rejected for publication, typescripts and proofs, related clippings and correspondence, and texts of works by Nancy Roberts, LeGette Blythe, David Stick, Dick Gorrell, and Frances Griffin
Material related to American Red Cross drives in Charlotte during World War I, including aid to the Belgians.
After relocating to the Charlotte-Mecklenburg area, Don Rosenthal became active in two LGBT organizations; Mecklenburg LGBT Political Action Committee (MeckPAC) and Equality North Carolina (ENC). The bulk of the materials derive from Rosenthal's direct involvement with MeckPAC and Equality NC.
Contains primarily transcriptions of speeches supporting the expansion of Charlotte College and advocating for the merger of the Charlotte and Mecklenburg county school systems. There is also biographical material, audio tape interviews and the first shovelful of dirt from the UNC Charlotte dedication ceremony.
The J. Kenneth Sanford papers consist almost entirely of his rough drafts that eventually formed his book "Charlotte and UNC Charlotte: Growing Up Together." The collection also contains some of the photographs that Sanford used to illustrate his book. This book was published in 1996.
A collection of published issues of Sanskirt Literary-Arts Magazine.
Records of the College of Science and Mathematics at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte and from its departments of Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics from 1968 to 1980.
This collection consists of the records of Wayne A. Walcott, created during his time as the Senior Associate Provost and Interim Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs for the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
Records of the Sharon Presbyterian Church, of Charlotte, NC, from 1840 to 2006, including minutes of the Session, 1840-1984; the congregation, 1967-1976; deacons, 1950-1991; and Christian Education Committee, 1956-1965; records of women’s auxiliary organizations, 1870-1983; and correspondence, 1970-1973.
Papers of Shaw, Charlotte mayor (1949-53), primarily related to his first term. Includes correspondence, speeches, clippings, memorabilia, photographs, and a recording of presidential candidate Dwight D. Eisenhower's campaign speech in Charlotte (1952).
Papers relating to his membership on the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Consolidation Study Committee (1968-70) and his involvement with Crestran Corporation (1976-78), a non-profit corporation established to analyze the feasibility of high-speed rail passenger service between Raleigh and Anderson, S.C. Includes notes, correspondence, reports, speeches, minutes, and clippings. Contains no material concerning Short's service on the Charlotte City Council (1965-79).
Photographs of an unidentified Confederate soldier (ca. 1861-1865) and child laborers in a North Carolina cotton mill (ca. 1910).
Collection is a small assortment of papers and scrapbooks produced by Winifred Barbour Simpson, from 1931 to 1984. The most notable items in the collection are her scrapbooks (which mostly concern her attendance of Charlotte Technical High School) and the papers that she and her (future) husband produced during WWII.
Paper entitled, "Fueling the Southern Underground Movement: Inquisition v. The City of Charlotte." It was based on a landmark First Amendment Supreme Court decision.
Collection consists of research materials compiled by Dr. Robert Samuel Smith for his 2008 book, Race, Labor, and Civil Rights: Griggs v. Duke Power and the Struggle for Equal Employment Opportunity.
Annual reports and minutes from the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte including its departments of Geography and Earth Science, Political Science, and Sociology and Anthropology (1969-1980).
The Department of Software and Information Systems Records consists of memoranda, correspondence, agendas, minutes, handouts, and other planning documents related to topics such as facilities and events sponsored by the department. Files are arranged in the inventory in chronological order.
Two-sided, State of North Carolina Soldier's Application for pension, act of March 8, 1921.
Papers of the pastor (1924-66) of Charlotte's Little Church on the Lane (Moravian Episcopal), who was also a bishop of the Moravian Church in America and leader in the Charlotte community. Includes correspondence (1921-78) relating to the church and to his denominational and civic activities, copies (1933-78) of his newspaper columns, and photographs.
Papers of a Charlotte businessman, author, and Jewish community leader. Includes biographical material; typescript of his book, Our World to Come (1975); manuscript autobiography of his father, David S. Speizman (ca. 1873-1957), who immigrated from Poland in 1905; and correspondence with and material about Harry Golden.
Corporate, financial and program records of Spirit Square Center for Arts and Education, Inc. in Charlotte, N.C. During its 21-year existence (1976-1997) Spirit Square Center provided a venue for musical and theatrical performances, art classes and studios, and gallery space. It also served as an incubator for fledgling art groups, including the Charlotte Repertory Theater and the Light Factory.
This collection contains a small amount of original and photocopied material about the Springs family. In addition, the UNC Charlotte Library also owns a microfilm copy of the Springs Family Papers on file at the Southern Historical Collection, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. The Springs Family Papers are organized in single, alphabetical series by folder title and format.
Selected records and histories of a northern Mecklenburg Co. congregation, founded in 1884. Includes minutes, membership lists, and financial accounts of the Women's Auxiliary and Women's Guild; a church history by Bishop Joseph Blount Cheshire Jr. (1927); and an address about Cheshire by Judge Heriot Clarkson (1933).
Minutes and other records of the UNC Charlotte Staff Council, previously the Staff Organization
Minute book of the Stephens Company, which owned and developed the property that became Myers Park, Charlotte, NC