Showing Collections: 331 - 360 of 464
Department of Philosophy records
Records of the Department of Philosophy at UNC Charlotte
Piedmont and Northern Railway records
Records of the Piedmont and Northern Railway Company (incomplete), which operated in North Carolina and South Carolina, 1910-1969. Materials include operating reports and balance sheets, stockholder information, publications, legal documents, correspondence, and photographs.
Piedmont Junior High School records
The collection contains a small quantity of material concerning the history of Piedmont Junior High School in Charlotte, NC, mostly from the early 1930s to the late 1940s.
Plaza-Midwood Neighborhood Association records
Records of a homeowners association established in 1975 to revitalize Plaza-Midwood, one of Charlotte's early streetcar suburbs. Includes subject files, minutes, financial materials, clippings, and photographs relating to the association's activities and information on the history of the neighborhood from 1914 to 1949.
Plaza-Midwood Neighborhood Housing Services of Charlotte records
Records documenting the operation of the Plaza-Midwood office of a national, non-profit agency concerned with neighborhood revitalization. Includes correspondence, administrative files, analyses of rehabilitation needs, client files, financial records, clippings, and photographs.
UNC Charlotte policy statements and manuals
This collection consists of UNC Charlotte policy statements and manuals from 1977-2002.
Department of Political Science records
The bulk of this collection are memorandums sent within the Department of Political Science from 1980-1987. Other materials include departmental annual reports, goals and objectives, and handbooks for majors.
Karen A. Popp papers
Papers related to Karen A. Popp's activities as a student and alumna of UNC Charlotte.
J. Walter Potts family papers
Norris Preyer papers
Amanda Price report: Maud Gatewood, in memoriam
Amanda Price, a graduate student in art administration, produced this collection as the result of her work curating an art exhibit (in partial fulfillment of her degree requirements) during the month of March 2007, exhibiting the art work of Maud Gatewood.
Pride Publishing and Typesetting, Inc., records
Contains materials generated by Pride Publishing & Typesetting, Inc. Also includes a hand sewn summer banner for QNotes Summer Breeze Gay Pride Picnic.
Project Opportunity committee records
This collection contains the records for the Project Opporunity committee from 1969-1970.
Providence Baptist Church papers
Contains a small assortment of papers mostly generated by Selby Daniels, who was a member of Providence Baptist Church, in the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries.
Records of RAIN (Regional AIDS Interfaith Network,) an organization founded in 1992 in Charlotte, North Carolina and dedicated to addressing the needs of persons with HIV/AIDS disease in the Carolinas. The collection largely documents events and activities including fund raising, public education, and organizing volunteers.
Rankin family papers
The Rankin Family papers consist of a wide variety of materials, though the majority of the collection concerns this family’s ownership and stewardship of the land that they have owned in Gaston County, NC since the late eighteenth century. There are also items relating to the Rev. Frank B. Rankin and his daughter, Mary Delia Rankin Jarman as well as material relating to Gaston county history and the genealogy of several Gaston families.
Margaret Whitton Ray papers
Papers of the chair of the Citizens Advisory Group (CAG), formed in 1973 to develop pupil assignment guidelines for integrating Charlotte-Mecklenburg schools. Includes clippings, correspondence, findings and recommendations, reports, worksheets, notes, the CAG plan for pupil reassignment, and the joint proposal for school assignment that was ultimately approved.
W. Thomas Ray papers
Papers of a Charlotte lawyer and politician, primarily documenting his membership on the Mecklenburg Board of County Commissioners (1978-84). Includes campaign files and material reflecting his special interests in human services, mental health, and roads. Also includes material from his earlier service on the Charlotte Housing Authority (1971-76).
Recreational Services Records
This collection gathers information about student-based recreational and intramural activities and the Office of Recreational Services at UNC Charlotte. This information is presented through issues of the student-published newsletter, "The Panhandler," intramural catalogs, advertising ephemera and student handbooks spanning years of the school's history. The collection also includes planning documents and project manuals for the renovation of Belk Gymnasium.
F. Marion Redd papers
T. J. Reddy papers
Addison H. Reese papers
Office of the Registrar class schedules and related materials
Collection of UNC Charlotte and Charlotte College class schedules and related materials from 1961-2003.
Catherine M. Reid papers
The bulk of the Catherine M. Reid Papers focuses on Reid's work to promote public awareness of domestic violence and provide services to victims of domestic violence, primarily in the Charlotte-Mecklenburg area from 1977 to 2002.
Rexham Corporation drawings of Mecklenburg County landmarks
Contains reproductions of pen-and-wash drawings of historical landmarks in Mecklenburg County, N.C. Landmarks include the Berryhill House, the Robert Grier House, St. Mary's Chapel at the Thompson Orphanage, and St. Peter's Episcopal Church.
Robert William Rieke papers
Manuscripts and research material including drafts and notes, transcripts and tapes. Copies of the book in various stages of printing are also included.
Bruce Roberts papers
Chiefly original photographs by Roberts and copies of other photographs used in books for which he was photographic editor. Also includes photographs rejected for publication, typescripts and proofs, related clippings and correspondence, and texts of works by Nancy Roberts, LeGette Blythe, David Stick, Dick Gorrell, and Frances Griffin
Annie Bryant Robey papers
Material related to American Red Cross drives in Charlotte during World War I, including aid to the Belgians.
Donald B. Rosenthal papers
After relocating to the Charlotte-Mecklenburg area, Don Rosenthal became active in two LGBT organizations; Mecklenburg LGBT Political Action Committee (MeckPAC) and Equality North Carolina (ENC). The bulk of the materials derive from Rosenthal's direct involvement with MeckPAC and Equality NC.
Oliver Reagan Rowe papers
Contains primarily transcriptions of speeches supporting the expansion of Charlotte College and advocating for the merger of the Charlotte and Mecklenburg county school systems. There is also biographical material, audio tape interviews and the first shovelful of dirt from the UNC Charlotte dedication ceremony.
- Subject: North Carolina X
- Manuscript Collections, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 356
- University Archives, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte [All collections not yet online. For assistance, contact Special Collections: firstname.lastname@example.org; 704-687-1170] 90
- Oral Histories, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte 18
- Correspondence 58
- Minutes (Administrative records) 48
- Education, Higher -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 43
- Mecklenburg County (N.C.) 32
- Annual reports 23
- Memorandums 23
- Reports 22
- Universities and colleges -- North Carolina -- Charlotte -- Administration 22
- Photographs 21
- Mayors -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 18
- Charlotte (N.C.) -- Politics and government 17
- Gays -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 16
- Universities and colleges -- North Carolina -- Charlotte -- Faculty 15
- Oral histories 14
- Universities and colleges -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 14
- Interviews (Sound recordings) 13
- Businessmen -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 11
- Education, Higher -- Administration 11
- Surveys (documents) 11
- Charlotte (N.C.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. 10 + ∧ less
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte 34
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte -- Administration 22
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte -- Faculty 18
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte -- Students 17
- J. Murrey Atkins Library (University of North Carolina at Charlotte) 10
- Charlotte College 8
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte -- History 8
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Office of the Chancellor 8
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Board of Education 7
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools 7
- Alexander family 6
- Cone, Bonnie E., 1907-2003 6
- Fretwell, E. K., 1923-2012 6
- University of North Carolina (System) 6
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Division of Academic Affairs 6
- Charlotte (N.C.). City Council 5
- Colvard, Dean W., 1913-2007 5
- Caldwell family 4
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Planning Commission 4
- Mecklenburg County (N.C.). Board of Commissioners 4 + ∧ less
About this SiteFinding aids are guides to archival collections, including manuscripts, university records, and oral history collections. These guides help you find physical collections which can be viewed in the Dalton Reading Room on the 10th floor of Atkins Library. A small number of finding aids link to digital content online. Please contact us to learn more or to schedule an appointment:
Special Collections and University Archives
J. Murrey Atkins Library, UNC Charlotte
Schedule an Appointment