Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 79
Records from Academic Affairs and J. Murrey Atkins Library of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte pertaining to academic planning and development. Includes course and curriculum propsals; academic plans for the university, its colleges, and various other units; and records of library consultations corresponding with the development of new courses.
Records concerning several UNC Charlotte special events and awards ceremonies, notably the Bank of American Award for Teaching Excellence (formerly known as the NationsBank Award for Teaching Excellence) and commencement ceremonies.
A collection of alphabetical subject files maintained by Dr. Barbara A. Goodnight in her role as Senior Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs from 1980-1997.
This collection contains the records of the Charlotte College and University of North Carolina at Charlotte Chapter of the American Association of University Professors (AAUP) and relates to the activities of the campus chapter and its interaction with regional and national associations.
Records of the Office of Assessment and Accreditation. Includes records of University self studies for SACS accreditation.
This collection contains the correspondence of the Athletic Foundation dated 1972-1978.
The Center for Transportation Policy Studies Records includes materials received from the George Lathrop estate (an adjunct professor) and almost two hundred reports from the Center received from David Hartgen. Files from the Lathrop estate cover topics such as curriculum, transit issues, and transportation studies and also include minutes and teaching notes.
Records of the Office of the Chancellor, largely from the period when Dean W. Colvard held the office.
Records of the Office of the Chancellor, largely from the period when E. K. Fretwell held the office.
Records from the Office of the Chancellor concerning installations of Chancellors Colvard, Fretwell, Woodward, and Dubois.
Records of the Office of the Chancellor, largely from the period when James H. Woodward held the office.
Institutional papers of Charlotte College Center (1946-1949). Includes correspondence and other materials relating to administrative functions, policy development, procedure establishment, academics, athletics, and student involvement.
Records of Charlotte College. Consists primarily of Bonnie Cone's files including speeches and correspondence, but also includes files relating to the Board of Trustees, financial matters, the development of campus, growth of academic programs, and the transition of the college from temporary to permanent junior college status and on to its establishment as the fourth campus of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
This collection consists of a single volume containing minutes from the Board of Trustees meetings from May 1958 to June 1963.
Records of the Charlotte Research Institute.
This collection contains administrative records of the Cone University Center from 1974 to 2009 as well as audiovisual materials and video logs from Niner Telecommunications Network (NTN) documenting numerous campus events from the early 1990s through 2007. Also included are records and photographs relating to the 35th and 50th anniversaries of the Cone Center, including documents recounting the Center’s history, and to Bonnie Cone’s 90th birthday.
This collection consists of minutes and some agendas from the joint Departmental Chairmen meetings at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte from 1965 to 1980. Records from the period of 1969 to 1980 are scattered.
- Correspondence 33
- Minutes (Administrative records) 31
- Education, Higher -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 30
- Universities and colleges -- North Carolina -- Charlotte -- Faculty 23
- Annual reports 18
- Memorandums 17
- Universities and colleges -- North Carolina -- Charlotte -- Administration 17
- Education, Higher -- Administration 12
- Reports 9
- Universities and colleges -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 9
- Photographs 8
- Student activities -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 7
- Surveys (documents) 7
- Administrative reports 6
- College students -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 6
- Constitutions 6
- Curricula 6
- Administrative records 5
- Agendas (administrative records) 5
- Brochures 5 ∧ less
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte 26
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte -- Administration 14
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte -- Faculty 11
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte -- Students 10
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Division of Academic Affairs 8
- Charlotte College 7
- Cone, Bonnie E., 1907-2003 6
- University of North Carolina (System) 6
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Office of the Chancellor 6
- Woodward, James H. (University chancellor) 4
- Colvard, Dean W., 1913-2007 3
- Fretwell, E. K., 1923-2012 3
- J. Murrey Atkins Library (University of North Carolina at Charlotte) 3
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Dean of Students Office 3
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Office of Student Activities 3
- Charlotte College -- Curricula 2
- University of North Carolina (1793-1962). Board of Trustees 2
- University of North Carolina (System). Board of Governors 2
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte . Graduate School. Dean's Office 2
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte--History 2 ∧ less
About this SiteFinding aids are guides to archival collections, including manuscripts, university records, and oral history collections. These guides help you find physical collections which can be viewed in the Dalton Reading Room on the 10th floor of Atkins Library. A small number of finding aids link to digital content online. Please contact us to learn more or to schedule an appointment:
Special Collections and University Archives
J. Murrey Atkins Library, UNC Charlotte
Schedule an Appointment