Showing Collections: 1 - 26 of 26
Architectural drawings, office files, record books, and other material documenting the career of an early Charlotte architect. Includes drawings and specifications for residences, institutions, churches, and business offices in Charlotte and elsewhere in North Carolina.
Contains a small arrangement of papers, concerning primarily Jack Boyte’s career in architectural preservation in Charlotte, North Carolina in the late twentieth century.
Contains meeting minutes of stockholders and the board of directors of a company organized to construct a law building in Charlotte in 1926.
This collection contains administrative records of the Cone University Center from 1974 to 2009 as well as audiovisual materials and video logs from Niner Telecommunications Network (NTN) documenting numerous campus events from the early 1990s through 2007. Also included are records and photographs relating to the 35th and 50th anniversaries of the Cone Center, including documents recounting the Center’s history, and to Bonnie Cone’s 90th birthday.
Consists primarily of architectural drawings the firm has completed of buildings throughout the Charlotte area. Also includes a book prospectus honoring Tebee Hawkins, renderings and slides.
The J.A. Jones Construction Company was founded in the 1890s by James Addison Jones in Charlotte, North Carolina. The collection primarily consists of project files with accompanying photographs and project information sheets.
Records of Mecklenburg County’s oldest and largest historical organization from its establishment in 1954. Includes minutes, programs, financial records, and information on historic preservation projects sponsored by the association. Also includes photographs of the 1948 production of LeGette Blythe's outdoor drama, Shout Freedom!, material about the Mecklenburg Declaration of Independence and its observance, and general information on local history.
Blueprints of projects constructed by a Charlotte firm, which was established in 1856 by John Wilkes and sold to Carolina Steel Corporation in the 1960s. Includes drawings for residences and commercial buildings, primarily in the Charlotte area.
Contents of old scrapbooks which include advertising material for a Charlotte-based hosiery mill founded in 1923 by William Nebel, a German immigrant, and purchased in 1968 by Morris Speizman. Also includes photographs of employees.
Primarily correspondence of the Widows's Fund, a life insurance program for lodge members. Also includes general material on local lodges and architectural drawings for the Masonic Temple in uptown Charlotte (demolished 1987).
Primarily biographical material about a prominent Charlotte architect and advertising material relating to Odell Associates, Inc., the firm he founded in 1940. Also includes central area and cultural plans for Charlotte and Raleigh, a film documenting the opening of the Charlotte Coliseum/Ovens Auditorium complex in 1955, and a pictorial map of historic sites in Cabarrus County.
This is an artificial collection consisting of both freestanding and foldered aerials of the UNC Charlotte campus, University Research Park, and the surrounding area. Some include tape indicating various boundary lines.
Most of the freestanding aerials were received from various offices on campus such as the Chancellor's Office and the Dean of Students's Office, although for many the exact office of origin is unknown.
Items relating to a prominent Charlotte architect and to J. N. Pease Associates, the firm he founded in 1938. Includes drawings of Charlotte's Central High School, a transcript of an interview with Dean W. Colvard, and advertising brochures about the firm.
The collection concerns Perzel's interest and work in the preservation of historic buildings in Charlotte, NC. Most of the collectcion consists of photographs of historic buildings and residences, and photos of street scenes of Charlotte in the early 20th century.
Contains reproductions of pen-and-wash drawings of historical landmarks in Mecklenburg County, N.C. Landmarks include the Berryhill House, the Robert Grier House, St. Mary's Chapel at the Thompson Orphanage, and St. Peter's Episcopal Church.
The Department of Software and Information Systems Records consists of memoranda, correspondence, agendas, minutes, handouts, and other planning documents related to topics such as facilities and events sponsored by the department. Files are arranged in the inventory in chronological order.
Records of an organization established in 1977 to preserve the northern Mecklenburg County home of Hugh Torance (1743-1816), which was built in the 1770s or 1780s. Includes information on the history and restoration of the house, board minutes, financial records, correspondence, legal documents, fund raising material, and photographs.
Contains a lithograph of an architectural rendering of the United States Courthouse and Post Office Building that was located on W. Trade St. in uptown Charlotte.
This is a collection of architectural drawings and specifications produced between 1936 and 1978 and used by the Waddell Construction Company, of Charlotte, NC to build and renovate homes, schools, businesses and churches in Charlotte, Greenville, York County, Gaston County, NC.