Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Anita Stewart Brown papers
Personal papers, correspondence and memorabilia from Anita S. Brown. Includes materials from her nearly 30 years at Eastern Air Lines.
Campus Pride records
Campus Pride is a national nonprofit organization for student leaders and campus groups working to create a safer college environment for LGBT students. Materials include organizational records, publications and ephemera, and teaching materials.
Dale Earnhardt, Sr. racing memorabilia plaque
Contains a Dale Earnhardt collectible plaque that contains a piece of Goodyear tire from Earnhardt's car and a picture of Earhardt with his car.
Sue Henry papers
Sue Henry is a prominent gay rights activist in Charlotte, NC. She was owner of Rising Moon Books & Beyond bookstore, the first out lesbian to run for Mayor of Charlotte, and an active member of several political and social LGBTQ organizations. The collection primarily documents in her participation in the Charlotte LGBTQ+ community in the 1990s, but also includes materials from her childhood and later life.
Clarence O. Kuester, Sr., papers
Clarence O. Kuester, Sr. was active with the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce and a tireless promoter of the city and its business potential. The collection also contains a significant assortment of papers concerning a theatrical production entitled “Shout Freedom,” which was Kuester’s brainchild and was staged just after his death, in the spring of 1948.
- Clippings (information artifacts) 4
- Correspondence 3
- Photographs 2
- Airlines -- United States -- Employees 1
- Airlines -- United States -- History 1
- Audiovisual materials 1
- Automobile racing drivers -- United States 1
- Businessmen -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Charlotte (N.C.) -- Politics and government 1
- Civic leaders -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Employees' manuals 1
- Gay activists 1
- Gay college students 1
- Gay rights -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Gays -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Gays -- Political activity -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Greek letter societies 1
- Grocery trade -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Independent bookstores -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1 + ∧ less
- Big Apple Card Co. 1
- Brown, Anita Stewart, 1916-2003 1
- Campus Pride (Organization) 1
- Charlotte Chamber of Commerce (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Coming Out Project (Human Rights Campaign) 1
About this SiteFinding aids are guides to archival collections, including manuscripts, university records, and oral history collections. These guides help you find physical collections which can be viewed in the Dalton Reading Room on the 10th floor of Atkins Library. A small number of finding aids link to digital content online. Please contact us to learn more or to schedule an appointment:
Special Collections and University Archives
J. Murrey Atkins Library, UNC Charlotte
Schedule an Appointment