Showing Collections: 1 - 14 of 14
Charlotte Area Rotary Clubs directories
Primarily pictorial directories of Charlotte Rotary Club, Dilworth Rotary Club, and Charlotte-North Rotary Club.
Charlotte Performing Arts Collection records
Programs for musical, dramatic, and other cultural events held primarily in the Charlotte area. Includes programs from such groups as the Charlotte Opera Association (1962-86) and its successor, Opera Carolina (1986-92), Charlotte Summer Theatre (1962-69), Charlotte Symphony (1970-93), Little Theatre (1962-76), Mint Museum of Art (1963-77), North Carolina Dance Theater (1992-2000) and Oratorio Singers (1969-94).
E. K. Fretwell, Jr. papers
Howell Family papers
Primarily consists of correspondence and photographs of the Powell, Poole, O'Rorke and Claney families of Charlotte, NC, Pittsburgh, PA and New York City, NY.
Dan Kirsch papers concerning the Charlotte LGBT community
Papers documenting Kirsch's work in the LGBT community as well as his work in theatre throughout the country. Includes press releases, brochures, newsletters, correspondence, playbills, CDs and VHS tapes.
Erastus C. McAlpine papers
Diaries of a worker in Charlotte’s Louise Cotton Mill. Topics mentioned include textile mills, religion, the weather, activities of family and friends and public events from local to the international.
Newell family papers
Miscellaneous papers of the family, particularly those of Leone B. Newell, a Charlotte physician. Includes certificates, correspondence, genealogical materials, a household inventory (1916), newspaper clippings, photographs, notes and miscellaneous receipts.
Oasis and Omar Temples, N.M.S. (Charlotte, N.C.) records
Primarily correspondence of the Widows's Fund, a life insurance program for lodge members. Also includes general material on local lodges and architectural drawings for the Masonic Temple in uptown Charlotte (demolished 1987).
Winifred Barbour Simpson papers
Collection is a small assortment of papers and scrapbooks produced by Winifred Barbour Simpson, from 1931 to 1984. The most notable items in the collection are her scrapbooks (which mostly concern her attendance of Charlotte Technical High School) and the papers that she and her (future) husband produced during WWII.
Martha A. Strawn course materials
The collection contains photographs and written reports that resulted from course assignments in the UNC Charlotte Art Department between 1981 and 2002.
Tate and Wilson families papers
Margaret Wadsworth papers
Papers of a Charlotte widow who wrote, under the byline of "The Carolina Housewife," for The Charlotte Observer during the 1930s and 1940s. Includes typescripts of her columns, recipes, and letters from readers asking for advice and recommending recipes.
Kenneth Wilson Whitsett Family papers
Papers of Kenneth Wilson Whitsett and family - Whitsett was a Charlotte historian, artist, and co-founder of Pictorial Engraving Co. In 1934 Kenneth and two of his brothers, Lemuel and Theron, established the Pictorial Engraving Company. He painted murals for the Charlotte City Club and the Orange County Historical Museum in Hillsborough. He was one of the original members of the board of directors for the Mint Museum of Art (1934-1938).
Beaumert Whitton Papers
- Charlotte (N.C.) -- Social life and customs 7
- Charlotte (N.C.) -- Social life and customs -- 20th century 7
- Charlotte (N.C.) -- History -- 20th century 2
- Performing arts -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 2
- Associations, institutions, etc. -- North Carolina -- Charlotte -- Directories 1
- Buildings -- North Carolina -- Mecklenburg County 1
- Businessmen -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Bylaws (Administrative records) 1
- Charlotte (N.C.) -- Photographs 1
- Charlotte (N.C.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Charlotte (N.C.) -- Religion 1
- Choral societies -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Clubs -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Construction industry -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Cooking, American -- Southern style 1
- Correspondence 1
- Education -- Southern States 1
- Education, Higher -- Administration 1
- Education, Higher -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Freemasons -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1 + ∧ less
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities 1
- Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine for North America. Oasis Temple (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine for North America. Omar Temple (Charleston, S.C.) 1
- Association of Governing Boards of Universities and Colleges 1
- Boy Scouts of America 1
- Buffalo State College 1
- Caldwell family 1
- Charlotte Dilworth South End Rotary Club (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Charlotte North Rotary Club (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Charlotte Rotary Club (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Charlotte Technical High School (Charlotte, N.C.) 1
- Charlotte observer (Charlotte, N.C. : 1916) 1
- City University of New York. Administration 1
- City-County Consolidation Study Committee (Mecklenburg County, N.C.) 1
- Claney, Conza Howell 1
- Claney, Howard 1
- Coldstream Plantation (Mayesville, S.C.) 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution 1
- Fretwell, E. K., 1923-2012 1
- Housing Authority of the City of Charlotte (Charlotte, N.C.) 1 + ∧ less
About this SiteFinding aids are guides to archival collections, including manuscripts, university records, and oral history collections. These guides help you find physical collections which can be viewed in the Dalton Reading Room on the 10th floor of Atkins Library. A small number of finding aids link to digital content online. Please contact us to learn more or to schedule an appointment:
Special Collections and University Archives
J. Murrey Atkins Library, UNC Charlotte
Schedule an Appointment