Belk College of Business records
Scope and Contents
The Belk College of Business Records consists of eleven files, seven of which contain self-study reports concerning accreditation. Other materials include faculty minutes, a strategic plan, and records related to specific courses, namely a state and local taxes course and a school facility planning and management course.
The records in this collection predate the College's affiliation with the Belk name. For more information on the history of the college, see the Administrative History note.
Accessing the Collection
This collection is open for research.
Copyright held by UNC Charlotte. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.
An Economics and Business Administration program has existed at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte since 1965 and prior at its predecessor Charlotte College. In 1969, the department rose to the division level when the university imposed a divisional academic structure. Known then as the Division of Economics and Business Administration, it became the College of Business Administration in 1971 with another academic restructuring and took the Belk name in 1990. It has existed under its present title, Belk College of Business, since 2005.
0.834 Linear Feet (2 boxes [2 letter document cases])
Language of Materials
This collection was received as mulitple accessions and was processed into a single collection years prior to its being described in this finding aid.
- Belk College of Business
- Belk College of Business Administration
- Business -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- North Carolina -- Charlotte Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Business education -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- North Carolina -- Charlotte Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Business schools -- Accreditation -- North Carolina -- Charlotte Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Comprehensive plans (reports) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Curricula Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Minutes (Administrative records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Surveys (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Universities and colleges -- North Carolina -- Charlotte -- Administration Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Universities and colleges -- North Carolina -- Charlotte -- Faculty Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte -- Administration
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte -- Faculty
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. College of Business Administration
- Belk College of Business records
- Olivia Eanes
- March 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the University Archives, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte [All collections not yet online. For assistance, contact Special Collections: email@example.com; 704-687-1170] Repository
Atkins Library, UNC Charlotte
9201 University City Blvd
Charlotte NC 28223 United States