College of Arts + Architecture Records
Scope and Contents
The College of Arts + Architecture Records consists largely of office files from the Dean of the College of Architecture. These files include minutes, correspondence, memoranda, proposals, reports, studies, annual reports, course descriptions and evaluation forms, procedures, and material concerning accreditation. Also included are student handbooks and other printed material produced by the College of Architecture and its successor the College of Arts + Architecture. The bulk of the material predates the 2008 creation of the joint College of Arts + Architecture.
- 1972-2002, 2018
- Majority of material found within 1972 - 1983
Accessing the Collection
Collection is open for research.
Copyright held by UNC Charlotte. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.
The College of Arts + Architecture at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte was created in 2008. Previous to this, the architecture program was in a college by itself dating back to 1971, and the arts programs that encompassed coursework in art, dance, music, and theater fell within the College of Humanities, which was folded into the newly created College of Arts and Sciences in 1980. The majority of this collection predates 2008 and is from the College of Architecture.
1.25 Linear Feet (1 box and 1 oversize folder [1 record carton; oversize folder housed in box OS1])
Language of Materials
The following materials were removed and cataloged as part of the rare book collection:
Edge (Charlotte, N.C.)
La stazione di Arezzo
Homelands : proceedings : ACSA SE Regional Conference 2000, UNC Charlotte, College of Architecture.
Capannole di Valdarno : progetti di recupero per un paese Toscano = Capannole of Valdarno : projects of recuperation for a Tuscan village.
This collection was initially received as multiple accessions, each of which was designated as a separate collection. In the fall of 2018, archival assistant Olivia Eanes merged the accessions into a single collection. Original folder numbers, where existing, were maintained. Folders 27 through 31 were assigned their numbers during the merge process.
- Annual reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Architecture -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- North Carolina -- Charlotte Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Memorandums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Minutes (Administrative records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Proposals Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Schools of architecture -- North Carolina -- Charlotte -- Administration Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte -- College of Architecture -- Administration
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte -- College of Architecture -- Students
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. College of Architecture
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. College of Architecture. Dean's Office
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. College of Arts and Architecture
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte. School of Architecture
- College of Arts + Architecture records
- Olivia Eanes
- November 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the University Archives, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte [All collections not yet online. For assistance, contact Special Collections: email@example.com; 704-687-1170] Repository
Atkins Library, UNC Charlotte
9201 University City Blvd
Charlotte NC 28223 United States