Mutual Savings and Loan Association drawings of Mecklenburg County landmarks
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of pen-and-wash drawings of Mecklenburg county, NC landmarks and historic sites that were created by artists Al Fincher, Gene Love and E. Springs and issued by the Mutual Savings and Loan Corporation of Charlotte in 1966. It contains drawings of such diverse sites as the Hezekiah Alexander "Rock House", The Mint Museum and the Kennedy building at UNC Charlotte.
- Love, Gene M. (Person)
- Springs, E. (Person)
- Fincher, Al (Person)
- Mutual Savings and Loan Association (Charlotte, N.C.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Mutual Savings and Loan Association drawings of Mecklenburg County landmarkss is the physical property of J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections. Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.
Biographical / Historical
The Mutual Savings and Loan Association of Charlotte issued a series of pen-and-wash drawings of landmarks and historical sites throughout Mecklenburg county, NC in 1966. The drawings were made by artists Al Fincher, Gene Love and E. Springs and contain printed descriptions of the landmarks that provide historical information and dates of construction.
0.25 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Series of reproductions of frameable pen-and-wash drawings of landmarks in Mecklenburg County, N.C., by artists Al Fincher, Gene M. Love, and E. Springs, issued by Mutual Savings and Loan Association, Charlotte, N.C., in 1966. Landmarks depicted include the Covenant Presbyterian Church, the American Doughboy Statue, the Mecklenburg County Courthouse, and Cedar Grove Plantation. Printed descriptions of the landmarks accompanying the drawings provide historical information and dates of construction.
The collection is arranged into a single alphabetical folder title series.
The collection was processed in 2015 by Julie Henry.
- Historic buildings -- North Carolina -- Mecklenburg County -- Pictorial works Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Historic sites -- North Carolina -- Mecklenburg County -- Pictorial works Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mecklenburg County (N.C.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- Pictorial works Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mutual Savings and Loan Association drawings of Mecklenburg County landmarks
- J. Henry
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Manuscript Collections, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte Repository
Atkins Library, UNC Charlotte
9201 University City Blvd
Charlotte NC 28223 United States