Lenore Jones-Deutsch papers
Scope and Contents
Personal and professional papers including organizational records, magazine and newspaper articles, political buttons, books, posters, decorated HIV vest, brochures.
- 1976 - 2011
- Jones-Deutsch, Lenore (Creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
The Lenore Jones-Deutsch papers are the physical property of J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections, UNC Charlotte. Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.
Lenore Jones-Deutsch holds a master's degree in Clinical Psychology and maintained a private practice in Charlotte, North Carolina, where she worked as a psychologist, seminar leader, and consultant. Jones-Deutsch has served on a range of professional, cultural, and civic associations. She is a past President of Mecklenburg Psychological Association, a past board member of the Mental Health Association, and a member of Leadership Charlotte. Her professional practice included specialization in the area of lesbian and gay populations.
2 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The collection is organized into the following five series, some of which (Organizations and Associations and Clippings) are further divided into subseries. The five series are: Organizations and Associations, Conferences, Conventions and Workshops, Subject Files, Clippings and Memorabilia.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Lenore Jones-Deutsch, 2014 January.
Forms part of the King-Henry-Brockington LGBTQ+ Archive.
Collection processed by Christine Marolda, student assistant, October 2015.
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Gays -- North Carolina -- Charlotte Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Gays -- Political activity -- North Carolina -- Charlotte Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lesbian activists -- North Carolina -- Charlotte Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lesbian community -- North Carolina -- Charlotte Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Psychology Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Time Out Youth (Charlotte, N.C.)
- Lenore Jones-Deutsch Papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script