Whitsett family records
Scope and Contents
The collection contains primarily property deeds and other documents concerning real estate, surveying and land conveyancing, in Charlotte, North Carolina from between 1860 and 1947.
- Creation: 1860-1947
- Whitsett family (Family)
Language of Materials
Materials in this collection are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.
0.1 Linear Feet
The collection contains primarily property deeds for plots of land in Charlotte, Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, dating from 1860 to 1947. The collection also includes some promissory notes.
The papers are arranged chonologically from 1860 to 1947.
Processed by Robert A. McInnes, 2011.
- Mecklenburg County (N.C.) -- Economic conditions -- 19th century
- Mecklenburg County (N.C.) -- Economic conditions -- 20th century
- Mecklenburg County (N.C.) -- History -- 19th century
- Mecklenburg County (N.C.) -- History -- 20th century
- Whitsett family records
- Finding aid compiled by Robert A. McInnes
- October 2011
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Manuscript Collections, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte Repository
Atkins Library, UNC Charlotte
9201 University City Blvd
Charlotte NC 28223 United States