Blythe and Isenhour, Inc. records
Scope and Contents
Twenty seven volumes include job books (1922-86), ledgers (1909-42), cashbooks (1923-47), and a time book (1909-10).
- 1909 - 1986
- Blythe and Isenhour (Organization)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.
Biographical / Historical
Blythe and Isenhour was a general contractor firm founded in 1909 by John F. Blythe and William L. Isenhour, Sr. The Charlotte firm of Blythe and Isenhour operated until 1989. They were most noted for building the Charlotte Supply Company Building in 1924/25. It was later added to the National Register of Historic Places but has been demolished. Other historical places the company built were Joseph Sykes Brothers Company Building, and Hamilton C. Jones III House (or The Stone House).
2 Linear Feet
Twenty seven volumes, including job books, ledgers, cashbooks, and time book.
The collection contains twenty-seven volumes that are organized into four types (Cashbooks, Job Books, Ledgers and Timebooks) and arranged into alphabetical order.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of William L. Isenhour Jr., 1989.
27 volumes (2 linear feet).
- Blythe and Isenhour
- Construction industry -- North Carolina -- Charlotte Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Contractors -- North Carolina -- Charlotte Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Blythe and Isenhour, Inc. records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note