Laura Frech papers
Scope and Contents
This collection is comprised exclusively of Frech's papers as a member of the Charlotte City Council. Highlights among the contents are the coliseum site controversy and zoning problems due to church expansion in residential neighborhoods.
- 1968 - 1985
- 1977 - 1985
- Frech, Laura Page (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.
A member of the Democratic Party, Laura Page Frech (1929-2007) was among the initial group of candidates elected to the city council following its restructering from a seven member, elected at-large council, to an eleven member (seven representing districts and four elected at-large) governing body. Frech represented District 4 in northeastern Charlotte (1977-1985). Frech holds a Ph.D. in American History and has taught in area high schools and colleges.
2 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Papers of a Charlotte educator and politician, documenting her service as city council member for district 4 (1977-1985). Includes correspondence, reports, and financial data relating to such issues as the controversy over a site for the new coliseum, planning, and neighborhood preservation, especially in regard to zoning problems due to church expansion.
The files in the collection are arranged in alphabetical order.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Laura Frech of Charlotte, N.C., 1985.
- Charlotte (N.C.) -- Politics and government Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Charlotte (N.C.). City Council
- City planning -- North Carolina -- Charlotte Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Frech, Laura Page
- Neighborhood government -- North Carolina -- Charlotte Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Zoning -- North Carolina -- Charlotte Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Laura Frech papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note