Charlotte Law Building minutes
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of minutes of meetings of the stockholders and board of directors of a corporation organized in 1926 to construct a new law building.
- Creation: 1926-1948
- Charlotte Law Building (Charlotte, N.C.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.
Biographical / Historical
A corporation was established in 1926 to construct a new law building in Charlotte. The building was built on East Avenue (now E. Trade St.) by Louis Asbury and was demolished in the mid-1990s to make way for a new county jail facility.
1 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Contains meeting minutes of stockholders and the board of directors of a company organized to construct a law building in Charlotte in 1926.
Includes a minute book (1926-39) and loose minutes (1940-48) [foldered and filed in front of minute book].
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Marcia Hart, 1997.
- Charlotte Law Building minutes
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Manuscript Collections, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte Repository
Atkins Library, UNC Charlotte
9201 University City Blvd
Charlotte NC 28223 United States