Harvey L. Woodruff papers
Collection consists of correspondence, performance programs, and audio recordings from Harvey Woodruff's career as choral director for UNC Greensboro and UNC Charlotte.
- 1950 - 1967
- Majority of material found within 1959
- Woodruff, Harvey L. (Person)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research. Audio recordings closed to patron use pending preservation concerns. Please contact to request access.
Conditions Governing Use
Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.
Harvey received his Bachelor of Science degree from New York University and Master of Arts degree from Columbia Teachers College. While a director of music in a Princeton, NJ High School, he did further study at Westminster Choir College and sang bass with the Performing Choir of Westminster College. He taught at Rollins College in Winter Park, FL before going to Charlotte, North Carolina in 1952 to become minister of music at Myers Park Baptist Church. In 1970 he founded Wildacres Music Camp in Little Switzerland, where he taught gifted high school students great choral masterworks.
Woodruff was choral director at UNC Greensboro and UNC Charlotte.
.48 Linear Feet (2 boxes [1 slim legal document case, 1 12-inch phonographic record storage box])
Contains articles, correspondence and performance programs from Woodruff's career as choral director for UNC Greensboro and UNC Charlotte. Also contains audio recordings of choir performances from 1959-1967.
The collection is arranged into the following two series: Printed material and Audio recordings.
- Choral conducting Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Choral conductors Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Music -- Performance -- North Carolina -- Charlotte Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Music publishing Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Phonograph records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Harvey L. Woodruff papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script