Anthony Foxx Mayoral Papers
Scope and Contents
The materials contain papers generated during Anthony Foxx's tenure as Mayor of Charlotte, 2009-2013. They include city council retreat documentation, correspondence, budget and expense reports and subject files. There is also a series of memorabilia that contains items received by Foxx during his time as mayor, including a Chinese silk scroll, flags of various countries and a NASCAR Hall of Fame commemorative brick.
- Foxx, Anthony (Person)
Access to Collection
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.
Anthony Renard Foxx, a native Charlottean, is an American politician who served as the United States Secretary of Transportation from 2013 to 2017. Previously, he served as the Mayor of Charlotte, North Carolina, from 2009 to 2013.
12 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Anthony Foxx was elected mayor of Charlotte in 2009. He served in that office until confirmed as Secretary of Transportation in June 2013. The materials document Anthony Foxx's tenure as Mayor of Charlotte, 2009-2013 and include correspondence, reports and studies, subject files and memorabilia.
The collection is arranged into the following eight series: Correspondence, City Council Retreats, Reports and Studies, Budget/Expense Reports, Invitations, Programs/Subject Files, Published Materials/Newspapers and Memorabilia.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred by the Office of the Mayor, City of Charlotte, 2014.
UNC Charlotte J. Murrey Atkins Library has a contractual arrangement with the City of Charlotte and the North Carolina Department of Cultural Resources that provides that the papers of the mayors are to be sent to the Special Collections for arrangement and description.
The following books were removed from the manuscript collection and cataloged separately:
- Maroons (Rare E99.S28 F74 2009)
- North Carolina from the mountains to the sea (Rare F255 .F84 1980)
- By the waters of the South Fork (Rare CT275.S8765 A3 2000)
- Spirit of Pinehurst (Rare GV969.P56 P33 2005)
- Mecklenburg, the life and times of a proud people (Rare F262.M4 W48 1992)
- North Carolina: the state of minds (Rare HC107.N8 B527 2004)
- Trained and ready : the history of North Carolina National Guard's Elite Special Forces Unit (Rare UA378.S65 O24 2001)
- Belk: a century of retail leadership (Rare HF5465.U6 B453 1988)
- North Carolina and the Negro (Rare E185.93 .N6 W3 1964)
Collection processed by Andrew Pack, 2018.
- African American mayors -- North Carolina -- Charlotte Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mayors -- North Carolina -- Charlotte Subject Source: Local sources
- Anthony Foxx Mayoral Papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note