Charlotte Park Association records
Scope and Contents
Records of an association organized by the Charlotte Lions Club to develop Freedom Park. Includes correspondence, minutes, legal documents, and clippings.
- 1943-1950, 1987-1989
- 1943 - 1950
- Charlotte Park Association (Charlotte, N.C.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.
Biographical / Historical
The Charlotte Park Association was organized by the Charlotte Lions Club shortly after the end of World War II to build a park in Charlotte to honor veterans of the war. The park was completed in 1949 and the land was deeded to the city of Charlotte.
0.1 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Correspondence, minutes, legal documents, and clippings of an association organized by the Charlotte Lions Club with the mission to develop Freedom Park.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of W. Bruce Wright, 1991.
Processed by Randy Penninger, June, 1992.
- Charlotte Park Association (Charlotte, N.C.)
- Freedom Park (Charlotte, N.C.) -- History
- Parks -- North Carolina -- Charlotte Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Recreation -- Management Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Recreation -- North Carolina -- Charlotte Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Charlotte Park Association records
- Randy Penninger
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note