Mecklenburg County Court House, Charlotte, North Carolina
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of pen-and-wash drawings of Mecklenburg county, NC landmarks and historic sites that were created by artists Al Fincher, Gene Love and E. Springs and issued by the Mutual Savings and Loan Corporation of Charlotte in 1966. It contains drawings of such diverse sites as the Hezekiah Alexander "Rock House", The Mint Museum and the Kennedy building at UNC Charlotte.
- Creation: 1966
- Payne, Eugene G. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Biographical / Historical
The Mecklenburg County Court House, depicted in the drawing, is the fifth court house for the county. It was built on a city block bounded by Trade Street, Fourth Street, Alexander Street, and Myers Street. Construction was completed in 1928 at a cost of $1,000,000. It replaced the former Court House built in 1896.
From the Collection: 0.25 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
From the Collection: English
2 copies of a black and white drawing by Eugene Payne.
Part of the Manuscript Collections, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte Repository
Atkins Library, UNC Charlotte
9201 University City Blvd
Charlotte NC 28223 United States