Article, "Racing Through Time: Dink Widenhouse: One of the Original Intimidators," by Van Cox (publication unidentified).
Scope and Contents
This small collection of ten items consists of one photocopied advertisement for Dink Widenhouse for what must have been one of his first stock car races. The advertisement describes Widenhouse as the "18-Year-Old Schoolboy Driving Sensation Who Hasn't Been Beaten All Year in a Full Feature Race! $200 Bonus offer to the driver who can beat him!" Another item in the collection is an article by Van Cox, about Widenhouse's career in stock car racing. The remaining eight items are photographs of Widenhouse.
Missing TitleFrom the Collection:
- Widenhouse, Dink (David), b.1932.
- Earnhardt, Ralph, 1928-1973ï¿½Photographs.
- Jarrett, Ned, b. 1932ï¿½Photographs.
- Owens, Cotton (Everett), b. 1924ï¿½Photographs.
- Southern States Fairgroundsï¿½Photographs.
- Daytona International Speedwayï¿½Photographs.
- NASCAR (Association)ï¿½Historyï¿½Photographs.
- Stock car driversï¿½Southern Statesï¿½Photographs.
- Stock car racingï¿½southern Statesï¿½Historyï¿½Photographs.
- 1950 - 1960
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
From the Collection: 0.01 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
From the Collection: English