Skip to main content

Torrance Mill, 1977 - 1978

 File — Box: 2 [F09.074.06.02], Folder: 11

Scope and Contents

Information on the grist and saw mill built in the 1800s by James Torrance, located on Gilead Road, west of Huntersville, N.C. (only the stone foundation of the later mill survives today).

Dates

  • 1977 - 1978

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

Collection is open for research.

Extent

From the Collection: 2 Linear Feet

Language of Materials

From the Collection: English

Repository Details

Part of the Manuscript Collections, J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives, UNC Charlotte Repository

Contact:
Atkins Library, UNC Charlotte
9201 University City Blvd
Charlotte NC 28223 United States

About this Site

Finding aids are guides to archival collections, including manuscripts, university records, and oral history collections. These guides help you find physical collections which can be viewed in the Dalton Reading Room on the 10th floor of Atkins Library. A small number of finding aids link to digital content online. Please contact us to learn more or to schedule an appointment:


Special Collections and University Archives
J. Murrey Atkins Library, UNC Charlotte
spec-coll@uncc.edu
(704) 687-1170
Schedule an Appointment