Brookshire, Stanford R.
- Existence: 1905 - 1990
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Chiefly official papers of Charlotte's first four-term mayor (1961-69). Comprised of subject files, correspondence, and speeches documenting almost a decade of change, particularly in regard to desegregation, and reflecting the increasing role of the federal government in addressing urban problems. Also includes material relating to national municipal organizations and to his family and personal life.
Contains one sterling key to the City of Charlotte emobossed, "Stan Brookshire" on verso that was given to Betty Yelton Alexander in recognition of 30 1/2 years of service in the City of Charlotte Purchasing Department.
- Mayors -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 2
- African Americans -- Segregation -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Ceremonial objects 1
- Charlotte (N.C.) 1
- Charlotte (N.C.) -- Politics and government 1
- Charlotte (N.C.) -- Politics and government -- 20th century 1
- Charlotte (N.C.) -- Race relations 1
- Civil rights -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Civil rights movements -- Southern States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Discrimination in public accommodations -- North Carolina 1
- Mecklenburg County (N.C.) -- Race relations 1
- Municipal ceremonial -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Municipal government -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Race discrimination -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1 + ∧ less
About this SiteFinding aids are guides to archival collections, including manuscripts, university records, and oral history collections. These guides help you find physical collections which can be viewed in the Dalton Reading Room on the 10th floor of Atkins Library. A small number of finding aids link to digital content online. Please contact us to learn more or to schedule an appointment:
Special Collections and University Archives
J. Murrey Atkins Library, UNC Charlotte
Schedule an Appointment