Charlotte-Mecklenburg Planning Commission
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
The William Burgess papers comprise records related to Burgess's work for the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Planning Commission and as Town Planner for the town of Davidson, North Carolina. Materials include notebooks, sketchbooks, and a range of architectural drawings.
Papers of a UNC Charlotte professor and director of the Urban Institute, documenting his membership on the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Planning Commission. Consists primarily of rezoning petitions and related papers but also includes minutes and agendas, subject files, and correspondence.
Papers of a UNC Charlotte political science professor primarily documenting his membership on the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Planning Commission, 1984-1991. Includes rezoning petitions, plans for proposed developments, correspondence, reports, small area and district plans, and maps. Also includes papers regarding his chairmanship of the Catawba River Corridor Study Committee, 1993-1995, and his membership on the Mecklenburg County Environmental Protection Committee, 1994-1995.
Papers of a Charlotte lawyer and politician, primarily documenting his membership on the Mecklenburg Board of County Commissioners (1978-84). Includes campaign files and material reflecting his special interests in human services, mental health, and roads. Also includes material from his earlier service on the Charlotte Housing Authority (1971-76).
- City planning -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 2
- Architectural drawing -- North Carolina 1
- Architectural drawings (Visual works) 1
- Charlotte (N.C.) -- Politics and government 1
- Community development, Urban -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Davidson (N.C.) 1
- Mental health services -- North Carolina -- Mecklenburg County 1
- Neighborhood planning -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Notebooks 1
- Regional planning -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Renderings (Drawings) 1
- Sketchbooks 1
- Urban renewal -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Zoning -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Zoning -- North Carolina -- Mecklenburg County 1 + ∧ less
About this SiteFinding aids are guides to archival collections, including manuscripts, university records, and oral history collections. These guides help you find physical collections which can be viewed in the Dalton Reading Room on the 10th floor of Atkins Library. A small number of finding aids link to digital content online. Please contact us to learn more or to schedule an appointment:
Special Collections and University Archives
J. Murrey Atkins Library, UNC Charlotte
Schedule an Appointment