Duke Power Company
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
This collection consists of pen-and-wash drawings of Mecklenburg county, NC landmarks and historic sites that were created by artists Al Fincher, Gene Love and E. Springs and issued by the Mutual Savings and Loan Corporation of Charlotte in 1966. It contains drawings of such diverse sites as the Hezekiah Alexander "Rock House", The Mint Museum and the Kennedy building at UNC Charlotte.
Technical reports regarding environmental impact of energy production from Duke Power, now Duke Energy, headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Photographs of various hydroelectric power plants built for Duke Power Company under Lee's direction during the 1920s. Also includes photographs of construction at Duke University.
Keynote address of William S. Lee (President and Chief Operating Officer of the Duke Power Company) at the 1979 Joint Power Generation Conference, in Charlotte, N.C., on October 8, 1979.
Records of the North Carolina State Engineering Extension Program from the office of Dr. H. A. Lynch. Included are brochures and correspondence relating to the program's administration and implementation as well as material relating to Duke Power Company's involvement and to individual faculty members.
- Collection 4
- Archival Object 1
- Brochures 1
- Businessmen -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Correspondence 1
- Education, Higher -- North Carolina 1
- Electric utilities -- United States 1
- Energy policy -- Environmental aspects 1
- Engineering -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Hydroelectric power plants -- North Carolina -- Photographs 1
- North Carolina -- Public utilities 1
- Personnel records 1
- Photographs 1
- Public utilities -- North Carolina 1
- Universities and colleges -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Universities and colleges -- North Carolina -- Raleigh 1
- University extension -- North Carolilna 1 + ∧ less
About this SiteFinding aids are guides to archival collections, including manuscripts, university records, and oral history collections. These guides help you find physical collections which can be viewed in the Dalton Reading Room on the 10th floor of Atkins Library. A small number of finding aids link to digital content online. Please contact us to learn more or to schedule an appointment:
Special Collections and University Archives
J. Murrey Atkins Library, UNC Charlotte
Schedule an Appointment