Found in 30 Collections and/or Records:
Correspondence, newspaper clippings, and a memorial resolution by the UNC-Chapel Hill faculty following the death of the first director (1946-47) of the Charlotte Center of the University of North Carolina, forerunner to Charlotte College and UNC Charlotte.
Records of Charlotte College. Consists primarily of Bonnie Cone's files including speeches and correspondence, but also includes files relating to the Board of Trustees, financial matters, the development of campus, growth of academic programs, and the transition of the college from temporary to permanent junior college status and on to its establishment as the fourth campus of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
This collection consists of a single volume containing minutes from the Board of Trustees meetings from May 1958 to June 1963.
This small collection includes papers on the history of the Denny, Horne, and McMillan families of North Carolina, compiled by Mrs. Jo B. Horne, of Red Springs, N.C. in 2002. In addition to notes on the family, the collection also includes photographs of certain family members, especially Mary Rebecca Denny and Katharine Morrison McMillan Denny.
Records of Faculty Governance of Charlotte College and the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Includes correspondence, minutes, and reports of the General Faculty (later Faculty Council) and faculty committees, along with files of the Faculty President, covering topics such as curriculum, grants, honorary degrees, and other matters of university governance. Also includes numerous revisions of the faculty constitution.
Papers of Hoyt Galvin, as chair of the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce Education Committee (1954-56), whose work helped to gain support and funding for Charlotte and Carver colleges.
Records of the Student Government Association of Charlotte College and the University of North Carolina at Charlotte covering topics such as legislature proceedings, student organizations, finances, activity fees, elections, and administrative matters.
This collection consists of issues of the publication the Parnassian from 1958-1965.
- Digital Record 15
- Collection 11
- Archival Object 4
- College students -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 10
- Universities and colleges -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 9
- Correspondence 4
- Education, Higher -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 4
- Minutes (Administrative records) 4
- African Americans -- Segregation 3
- College buildings -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 3
- College sports -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 3
- Education, Higher -- Administration 3
- Student activities -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 3
- Universities and colleges -- North Carolina -- Charlotte -- Administration 3
- Universities and colleges -- North Carolina -- Charlotte -- Faculty 3
- Accounting 2
- Budgets 2
- Bylaws (Administrative records) 2
- College presidents -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 2
- College student government -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 2
- Committees 2
- Community colleges -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 2
- Constitutions 2 + ∧ less
About this SiteFinding aids are guides to archival collections, including manuscripts, university records, and oral history collections. These guides help you find physical collections which can be viewed in the Dalton Reading Room on the 10th floor of Atkins Library. A small number of finding aids link to digital content online. Please contact us to learn more or to schedule an appointment:
Special Collections and University Archives
J. Murrey Atkins Library, UNC Charlotte
Schedule an Appointment