J. Murrey Atkins Library (University of North Carolina at Charlotte)
Found in 15 Collections and/or Records:
Records from Academic Affairs and J. Murrey Atkins Library of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte pertaining to academic planning and development. Includes course and curriculum propsals; academic plans for the university, its colleges, and various other units; and records of library consultations corresponding with the development of new courses.
Autograph books of Charlotte children from the post-Civil war 1800s.
Papers documenting Kirsch's work in the LGBT community as well as his work in theatre throughout the country. Includes press releases, brochures, newsletters, correspondence, playbills, CDs and VHS tapes.
This collection consists of the records of various J. Murrey Atkins Library staff committees.
Miscellaneous records (3 oversize documents, 1 framed), pertaining to property in Mecklenburg and Lincoln counties.
The N.C. School Desegregation collection, 1955-1956 (mss 413), is a small assortment (one folder) of mostly published material, generated by the faction that was opposed to the racial desegregation of public schools. The organizer of this material is not known.
Black and white photographs of 54 writers with North Carolina connections.
Contains a lithograph of an architectural rendering of the United States Courthouse and Post Office Building that was located on W. Trade St. in uptown Charlotte.
Mid-nineteenth century valentines. Both are ivory colored and lacy in design and texture.
- Collection 13
- Digital Record 2
- Correspondence 2
- Photographs 2
- Academic libraries -- Collection development -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Academic libraries -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Academic libraries -- Statistics 1
- Audiovisual materials 1
- Authors, American -- North Carolina 1
- Authors, American -- North Carolina -- Photographs 1
- Autograph albums -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Autographs -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Building plans 1
- Charlotte (N.C.) -- History -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Charlotte (N.C.) -- Social life and customs -- 20th century 1
- Children -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Civil rights movements -- North Carolina 1
- College students -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Communal living -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- County government -- North Carolina 1
- Curricula 1
- Curriculum planning -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1 + ∧ less
About this SiteFinding aids are guides to archival collections, including manuscripts, university records, and oral history collections. These guides help you find physical collections which can be viewed in the Dalton Reading Room on the 10th floor of Atkins Library. A small number of finding aids link to digital content online. Please contact us to learn more or to schedule an appointment:
Special Collections and University Archives
J. Murrey Atkins Library, UNC Charlotte
Schedule an Appointment