Charlotte Chamber of Commerce (Charlotte, N.C.)
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Films from the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce, all are reel-to-reel format unless indicated as DVD.
"Discover Charlotte" consists of 16mm films about Charlotte history, cultural events, and local celebrities and notables. The film project is also referred to as "Charlotte" and also as "Charlotte on Film" and "Charlotte Film Collection."
Papers of Hoyt Galvin, as chair of the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce Education Committee (1954-56), whose work helped to gain support and funding for Charlotte and Carver colleges.
Clarence O. Kuester, Sr. was active with the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce and a tireless promoter of the city and its business potential. The collection also contains a significant assortment of papers concerning a theatrical production entitled “Shout Freedom,” which was Kuester’s brainchild and was staged just after his death, in the spring of 1948.
- Businessmen -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Charlotte (N.C.) 1
- Charlotte (N.C.) -- Commerce 1
- Charlotte (N.C.) -- Economic conditions 1
- Civic leaders -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Clippings (information artifacts) 1
- Correspondence 1
- Education, Higher -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Film archives -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Grocery trade -- North Carolina -- Charlotte 1
- Mecklenburg County (N.C.) -- History -- 20th century 1
- Memorabilia 1
- North Carolina -- History -- Revolution, 1755-1783 -- Drama 1
- Photocopies 1
- Photographs 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- United States -- Commerce -- 20th century 1 + ∧ less
About this SiteFinding aids are guides to archival collections, including manuscripts, university records, and oral history collections. These guides help you find physical collections which can be viewed in the Dalton Reading Room on the 10th floor of Atkins Library. A small number of finding aids link to digital content online. Please contact us to learn more or to schedule an appointment:
Special Collections and University Archives
J. Murrey Atkins Library, UNC Charlotte
Schedule an Appointment